Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BrightAssLights vs. Custom Dynamic Lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013 | 03:08 AM
mrr4312
|
Intermediate
Default BrightAssLights vs. Custom Dynamic Lights

I'm looking for those that have had experience or seen both brand tail lights. I have seen a Bright *** Light and it sure is bright. Was wondering if the Custom Dynamic is as bright or not. I'm also wanting to change my turn signal lights to Custom Dynamic lights and set them up as run/brake/turn. If I did go with the BAL light will it work ok with the Custom Dynamic turn signals set up that way or do I need to stick with all Custom Dynamic? Thanks for the input. Don't know a lot about L.E.D. lights. Just know I want to brighten up the back of the bike. Thanks.

Old 08-15-2013 | 04:07 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member

Subscribed. I haven't seen a BAL, but I have seen the Custom Dynamics tail light. I wasn't all that impressed with its brightness. As far as using one brand with the other it is possible to do so. The BAL is kind of pricey.

Old 08-15-2013 | 04:19 AM
DAVENRINO
Road Master

Originally Posted by mrr4312
I'm looking for those that have had experience or seen both brand tail lights. I have seen a Bright *** Light and it sure is bright. Was wondering if the Custom Dynamic is as bright or not. I'm also wanting to change my turn signal lights to Custom Dynamic lights and set them up as run/brake/turn. If I did go with the BAL light will it work ok with the Custom Dynamic turn signals set up that way or do I need to stick with all Custom Dynamic? Thanks for the input. Don't know a lot about L.E.D. lights. Just know I want to brighten up the back of the bike. Thanks.
I have gone all LED - Trucklite 7 HL and Passing. BAL on the tail with Badlands run/brake/turn running red Custom Dynamics with smoked lenses. I have amber Eclipse2 Custom Dynamics on the front with smoked lenses.

Old 08-15-2013 | 04:27 AM
bobgv
Road Warrior

Oh Boy

Old 08-15-2013 | 04:29 AM
bobgv
Road Warrior

Running CD's front and back and looks plenty bright to me. My buddies always telling me those damn lights are bright. lol

Old 08-15-2013 | 06:40 AM
Sands611
Advanced

Just put on the BAL 1 last night- WOW is all I can say. Coupled with my HD Led rear turn signals- Yeah… Very content with this set up. Nice choice in flash patterns, Bight A$$ Light!

Buy once, cry once- just get it. worth the money and added safety

Old 08-15-2013 | 06:58 AM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member

Post#3. Guy has seen both and HANDS DOWN BAL. Ding ding ding, you have a winner. I cant wait to melt the retna's of the people behind me after I install mine

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...amics-led.html

Old 08-15-2013 | 07:10 AM
vegashd
Banned

The link may be me, im on my phone and have said it in here before. THe order of LED lights or bright tail lights is like this....

HD stock
HD LED
Custom Dynamics
BAL

THe HD LED blow a stock tail light away until you see a CD tail light.... you think they are bright as hell until you see a BAL tail light. A BAL tail light just is that much brighter then a CD tail light. THe BAL will work with the CD turn signals though integrated no problem.

Old 08-15-2013 | 07:32 AM
bigfella48
Novice

If you get the BAL, you won't regret it. It just outshines all the rest. Worth the money, yes!

Old 08-15-2013 | 08:22 AM
2004Sierra
Road Master

I have had both the BAL and the Custom Dynamics.

Installed the BAL right after I bought the bike. The BAL was the standard square back in red. The BAL was "EXTREMELY" bright, very impressive.

A while back I modded the rear of my bike to the narrow light bar, Custom Dynamics LED turn signals, CVO extended bags and Street Glide rear fascia. I wanted all smoked lights.

While at the Thunder Beach rally I saw the Custom Dynamics smoked laydown blackout tail light. I had to have one to fit with my new mods. The blackout has a black reflector and is solid black all around the top and sides of the light. BAL only has the smoked laydown light that allows you to see into the light behind the led board. Difficult decision but I ended up with the Custom Dynamics.

Anyway, to answer your question the BAL is a little brighter than the Custom Dynamics. However, the Custom Dynamics light is certainly bright enough, it is way, way brighter than stock. I also added their module that allows the light to strobe or flash like the BAL does.

You can't go wrong either way, both are very good lights. I was very satisfied with the BAL, and also very satisfied with the Custom Dynamics.

Attached a couple pics of the Custom Dynamics tail light installed.

Attached Thumbnails BrightAssLights vs. Custom Dynamic Lights-img_20130416_211453_995.jpg   BrightAssLights vs. Custom Dynamic Lights-img_20130416_211223_563.jpg  

Quick Reply: BrightAssLights vs. Custom Dynamic Lights