Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered my American Custom slip ons today

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 02:12 PM
DaGroundZero
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered my American Custom slip ons today

I went ahead and ordered a pair or American Custom slip ons today. I should have them by the end of the week. This is going on my bone stock 09' Road King Classic. I ordered the slash down cut with not additional baffles.

I am looking forward to putting them on this weekend. I will post back my thoughts, before and after videos to help others.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:48 PM
t. sawyer
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

been running mine for almost 3 yrs. I did put the moderatly loud baffles in this yr. after I drilled twice as many holes in them. I've enjoyed the hell out of mine. Hope you do.
With no baffles, they are LOUD! but I liked it.
kroozeabout.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 960 Likes on 569 Posts

12k miles with mine( w/mid rumble baffles) and love them. I tried them without the baffles and didn't feel like I had any low-end. maybe it's just me...

Old 08-12-2013, 10:05 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I still have a set sitting in a box in the garage. Pulled them off when I got my V&H Monster Rounds.

I liked them, but, had a lot of decel popping when installed without baffles. Bike was stock except for the slip-ons. They sounded awesome, except for the constant pop and occasional backfire. So I ordered the mid-rumble baffles. They were too quiet for my taste, but they sure did help with the pop and, the bike ran much better too. So I drilled about twice as many holes in the baffles. That opened her up enough to give a great sound, but didn't revert back to the popping or loss of power.

I've since had the dealership do their stage 1 download and that really woke the bike up. Even the occasional pop with the V&H mufflers is gone.

Only reason I have stayed with the V&H mufflers is the deeper tone, and I like the way they look. I still have the baffles in those, but it's louder than stock and I'm happy.

To make a long, worthless, post seem relevant, if you experience the decel pop I speak of (not everyone does), consider the dealership's download. A lot cheaper than a tuner, which you don't really need unless you plan to do much more extensive modifications.

Old 10-12-2013, 06:16 AM
artpe54
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

Just installed a set on my Road King Classic, so far I like them. Still running the stock header and intake.

Old 10-12-2013, 06:33 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts

I put a set on my 09 Road King a few years ago. I immediately got a moderate decel popping when engine braking so I put a V&H Fuel Pak on and problem solved. At first I liked the deep loud rumble but as time went by I ended up putting their mid range baffles back in. I also drilled them out with extra holes.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:18 AM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,633 Likes on 1,628 Posts

i have had mine for two years and am very happy with them. running with no baffles and no cat. fl-veids-10 set at %50. no popping and runs good.

Old 10-12-2013, 11:57 PM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

+1 on the medium baffles and a drill. More low end? Drill the hell out of the left one. More volume and top end? Right one.

Old 10-13-2013, 01:28 AM
Shayba
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Running mine unbaffled. Not obnoxiously loud. No complaints from the neighbors and I leave for work at 5 AM.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:06 AM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess loud is subjective.I installed mine this weeekend.Decatted stock header,Big Sucker, and VIEDs I ran it without baffles for about 10 seconds, to me it was obnoxiously loud and didn't seem to run very good.Then I put the mid rumble baffles in, it sounded almost exactly the same as the stock mufflers with the decatted head pipe.So I pulled them back out and drilled 4 extra holes in each one the same size as the original holes to me this is about right.That's the beauty of these pipes they're very easily tunable to get the sound that you want,provided you have a drill and some decent metal bits.

Quick Reply: Ordered my American Custom slip ons today