Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who makes a fitted suitcase or briefcase for the tour pak?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 09:54 AM
ericedelman
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who makes a fitted suitcase or briefcase for the tour pak?

I'm looking for a suitcase or briefcase that's fitted for the tour pak on my 2011 Ultra Classic Limited. I have the 12V power outlet installed, as well as the older bluetooth module on the side of the tour pak. I'd like to use it for clothes and a notebook computer for travel. I'm taking a 2 week trip in the fall, but still need to have my computer for a few work duties.

We ordered and tried the Harley Premium Tour-Pak Liner (53603-08) but the bluetooth module is in the way. We also looked into relocating the bluetooth module, but Harley doesn't have any replacement harnesses for it, so it needs to stay put.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:03 AM
ThisIsMe
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

By pure luck, I had an old but new laptop bag hanging around that makes a perfect fit for the tour pack. I use it as a standard suit case and do not use it to carry a laptop.

Given the wealth of different sizes and configurations of laptop bags, might be something to consider.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:47 AM
rwrunski
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the backpack type computer bag and it fits right in the tourpack with some spare room. There is even room in the backpack for some clothes.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:05 PM
Woodchuck
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We use a fabric American Tourister overnight bag with web handles and no wheels nor telescoping handle. It's a basic collapsible blue 12" X 18" X 10" tall bag with zippered end pockets and a side pocket. It fits in the tourpak with some room left to stuff hats, a water bottle, etc around it. We use it for light clothes and douche kits and pack the laptop between layers of clothes. There's enough space on the top to store flat things like a road atlas without interfering with closing the tourpak lid. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it on the American Tourister website.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:13 PM
hammr_hed
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.storagepouches.com/#!__products

I bought these and they're very good.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:56 PM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

I use the Harley soft liner bags in tour pak and saddlebags. The tour pak liner I can pack for 2 weeks and carry a laptop. Because it is soft, will work with Bluetooth thing you have mounted. 53598-88A. Easy to carry into hotel and back out to the bike. No worries about laptop - just place between couple pair of jeans.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:09 PM
Lakerat
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

It's a little pricey, but ultimate protective case that fits in my '98 Tour Pack like they designed it just for it. Got it for my GF's camera equipment.
http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1500

Old 08-13-2013, 09:03 PM
MackAttack
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Tri Glide Trunk Luggage T-Bag Boot Case

I use the T-Bag Boot Case for my 2011 Ultra Limited. It can fit inside the tour pak or can be strapped to the rack on top of it. I had the 12 Volt adapter on my Ultra and it didn't get in the way. I like it because I can pack most everything I need for evening/night stays and only have to grab one back. I also packed my Apple MacBook Pro 13", Ipad, Kindle Paperwhite, Garmin Colorado, and supporting cables. Plus clothes, toiletries. I would try to pack what I would need for a couple of days in the T-Bag Boot Case. Supporting items I would put in side bags (tools, rain gear, extra shoes, etc). Bag is outstanding quality. It has great individual zippered pockets which allows you to get to things without taking the bag out of the tour pac.

Link to T-Bag Boot Case http://www.tbags.com/detail.aspx?ID=95

I now have a 2012 TriGlide and use this bag in the Tour Pak. It is my main piece of luggage.

Last edited by MackAttack; 08-14-2013 at 09:23 AM.