Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are lower fairing speakers in 2013 CVO worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 09:12 AM
naezzo
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are lower fairing speakers in 2013 CVO worth it?

I own a 2013 CVO Ultra. The sound system is great, but I was thinking of adding lower fairing speakers. Does anyone have any insight on adding the speakers before I spend the money? Does it improve the system? Is it worth the cost?

Thanks,
Andy

Old 08-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Beav
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

short answer... yes, they are worth it.

Check out the audio forum. Any questions, ask UltraNutZ. Knows his stuff, and gives unbiased opinions (calls B/S what it is.)

You can add them, but you really need to change out those "punch/boom/whatever" stockers anyway.

That kinda coin for a new CVO and don't even get lower speakers?

Beav

Old 08-12-2013, 10:42 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 726 Likes on 485 Posts

More than worth it.. My stock so next to my neighbors with a full hogtunes up grand front back and lower blows me out of the water

Old 08-12-2013, 11:48 AM
naezzo
4th Gear

Thanks for the quick responses. How about an opinion on the Harley lower fairing Boom Audio speakers? The Boom Audio on the CVO is great. Crystal clear sound at 75 MPH. Just wondering if the lowers would help with the sound at all?

Old 08-12-2013, 11:54 AM
tlr
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by naezzo
Thanks for the quick responses. How about an opinion on the Harley lower fairing Boom Audio speakers? The Boom Audio on the CVO is great. Crystal clear sound at 75 MPH. Just wondering if the lowers would help with the sound at all?
take a visit to the cvo forum. "cvoharley.com" just a wealth of folks that have added lowers and changed out from Boom. there is an audio section there too. many many opinions on this topic. none are bad, just what level of sound and how muxh you want to spend getting there. i added Focal speakers to my fairing and lowers with an Arc Audio amp. huge difference, IMHO.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:11 PM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my buddy has the boom audio set up, uppers and lowers on a 4 speaker system on his SG, just got it for his bday this past year - but ONLY because averyone gave him HD gift certs so the system was basically free for him (including the lowers)

Lowers will add to the system and give you better sound

so if we set up a scale of 1-10 and rate systems here's my eval

1 is stock batwing with no lowers
2 would be upgraded bat wing with basic upgrade (boom, hawgwired etc)
3 is probably lowers with boom system (even with amp)
4 is probably upgraded batwing with amp and aftermarket speakers (infinity, RF, Sony mid level price points)

5 is probably when you get to the level most are looking for - here's where you are getting a amp, maybe the Polk, Entry Level Focals but only batwing speakers still - good sound even at highway speed

6 is probably where most are HAPPY - same a level 5, BUT then adding lowers (or bag speakers) with the same speakers so now you are getting higher quality sound from straight on and also down low (angled upward) quality sound even at highway speeds

7 is probably level 6 and adding bag speakers with the same quality (6 speakers total)

8 would be level 6 and adding bag speakers that are now 6x9s (6 speakers total)

9 and 10 are competition level systems that MOST of us will never care about wheren you have dedicated component level instead of 2ways and a sub in some sealed box

so it really depends on WHAT YOU WANT and WHAT YOU WANT TO SPEND

if you are asking will you hear a difference by adding lowers with the boom kit - YES

is there something you could do for the same money that would way out perform with ONLY the batwing speakers - YES

if you were looking for good quality for you and the passenger even at highway speeds - then you want lowers, amp, 4 good speakers like the polks or focals or in that range, and you want to scrap your boom kit cause they are really **** compared to dedicated audio companies that specialize in this arena

Old 08-12-2013, 12:15 PM
naezzo
4th Gear

you guys are awesome. Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate all the information.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:28 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by lgenf
my buddy has the boom audio set up, uppers and lowers on a 4 speaker system on his SG, just got it for his bday this past year - but ONLY because averyone gave him HD gift certs so the system was basically free for him (including the lowers)

Lowers will add to the system and give you better sound

so if we set up a scale of 1-10 and rate systems here's my eval

1 is stock batwing with no lowers
2 would be upgraded bat wing with basic upgrade (boom, hawgwired etc)
3 is probably lowers with boom system (even with amp)
4 is probably upgraded batwing with amp and aftermarket speakers (infinity, RF, Sony mid level price points)

5 is probably when you get to the level most are looking for - here's where you are getting a amp, maybe the Polk, Entry Level Focals but only batwing speakers still - good sound even at highway speed

6 is probably where most are HAPPY - same a level 5, BUT then adding lowers (or bag speakers) with the same speakers so now you are getting higher quality sound from straight on and also down low (angled upward) quality sound even at highway speeds

7 is probably level 6 and adding bag speakers with the same quality (6 speakers total)

8 would be level 6 and adding bag speakers that are now 6x9s (6 speakers total)

9 and 10 are competition level systems that MOST of us will never care about wheren you have dedicated component level instead of 2ways and a sub in some sealed box

so it really depends on WHAT YOU WANT and WHAT YOU WANT TO SPEND

if you are asking will you hear a difference by adding lowers with the boom kit - YES

is there something you could do for the same money that would way out perform with ONLY the batwing speakers - YES

if you were looking for good quality for you and the passenger even at highway speeds - then you want lowers, amp, 4 good speakers like the polks or focals or in that range, and you want to scrap your boom kit cause they are really **** compared to dedicated audio companies that specialize in this arena
other than throwing the Biketronics BT7P1 7.1" and Titan II 6.5" upgrade for the batwing fairings and lowers in the mix for 4, 5, and 6 above..

NAILED IT!