Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heading to Chattanooga

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 07:44 PM
A5Firearms
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heading to Chattanooga

Hey all,

I am heading to Chattanooga TN early next month on the bike with a buddy. Neither of us have every been there and will be there for 2 days. Any good recommended rides in and around that area?

Old 08-09-2013, 08:00 PM
user_1534GD
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of my favorite hang-outs...

Eat/drink at 'BIG RIVER'... Ride the Sequatchie Valley...

Old 08-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Litl D
Cruiser

Lots of great riding in the area - Up Lookout Mountain, the Chickamauga Battlefield Park, Cloudland Canyon, Ft Mountain that's east of Chatsworth, Tallulah Gorge Area, almost anywhere east of Chattanooga into the Tennessee, North Georgia, North Carolina - even parts of South Carolina are within the range for a day round trip. Hard not to find good riding in the general area.

Our HOG group does 5 states in a day trip and smile the whole damn way.

PM me - I'll be glad to give you a few specific routes if you're interested.

Can recommend anything from some decent rolling 2 lanes to the 8-10% grades, and 200 degree, 15 MPH hairpin turns, if you're up for that level of riding. There are roads here that can scare even the most seasoned of riders - and the Dragon, and all the rest of those known challenges are within a day trip's range.

Edit:

Doh!, just noticed you're from SC - so you probably already know the eastern area - But, there's some good roads over in Alabama, too.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Noble Jim
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to Tennessee. LitlD is right. You may also want to wander up toward Ocoee. They held the Olympics white water sports there when the Olympics were in Atlanta. There is also a lot of good riding in north east GA. You will not be bored.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:17 PM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I grew up on Lookout Mountain. Anywhere up in the mountains (lookout, sand, signal) is all going to be good riding with amazing views if you stop to look from some of the cliffs (there will be pulloffs, you will see em all over). If you are on Lookout mountain, go ride the incline (at the foot of the mountain on Broad Street in ST Elmo) go see Rock city, Ruby Falls (both on top of the mountain) There are TONS of civil war sites around if you are into that kind of thing (Battlefield pkwy at the bottom of the mountain just outside of Ringold, goes to Chickamauga Battlefield) I dont know if you wana sitesee or ride, either one is abundant all around there. Wish you luck man, dont let the big bad curves and sudden drop offs on the other side of the guard rail scare you,lol.. Be safe brother.

Old 08-10-2013, 12:39 PM
A5Firearms
Tourer

WOW Thanks guys, you have given me a lot to look up and check out. I have been in the area a while back and remember that it is awesome all around, just want to make the most of the 2 days that we will be there. I will check out online all the different places that you all have mentioned. Thanks a bunch!!