Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Fork Mounted Wind Deflectors for FLHX

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013 | 10:17 PM
TexFF
Road Master

Originally Posted by lgenf
wow glad they work, but damn are they ugly
No chit! I'd like to get rid of the head bobble but not completely ruin the look of the bike in the process.

Old 08-07-2013 | 10:23 PM
Dhizzle
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by TexFF
No chit! I'd like to get rid of the head bobble but not completely ruin the look of the bike in the process.
I think that would involve a complete re-design in the fairing. That is the one things Victory has over HD. A fairing which makes the ride more comfortable, not less.

Old 08-27-2013 | 06:20 PM
Street-Glide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Dhizzle
I have been wanting to put lower fork wind deflectors on my Street Glide, but not happy with what was out there in the marketplace. Harley made them for the Road King, but not for the SG. I was in the dealer today, and was looking on the accessory wall, and a set of deflectors caught my eye. They looked to be different than the RK model. I noticed the picture with the bullet turn signals and ripped the box off the wall to read the label. And to my excitement, the label included FLHX on it. YES!!! Harley listened to us bitch, and factory wind deflectors are now available for the Batwing FL's. the part # is 57400146.

Attachment 327647 click to enlarge

Went I got home, I immediately went out and installed them. Then out for a test ride. WOW. What a difference. No more buffeting like before. With my 7" LRS Recurve Shield, I no longer fight the wind. I do get a little more wind at the bottom of my legs. But it's not a problem. One of,the better $90 Harley parts I have invested in.
I just ordered mine and hope they work for me also. Can't take the wobbling glasses anymore from the updraft of wind! I should get them in the next few days...

Old 08-30-2013 | 06:34 PM
Street-Glide
Cruiser

I have been wanting to put lower fork wind deflectors on my Street Glide, but not happy with what was out there in the marketplace. Harley made them for the Road King, but not for the SG. I was in the dealer today, and was looking on the accessory wall, and a set of deflectors caught my eye. They looked to be different than the RK model. I noticed the picture with the bullet turn signals and ripped the box off the wall to read the label. And to my excitement, the label included FLHX on it. YES!!! Harley listened to us bitch, and factory wind deflectors are now available for the Batwing FL's. the part # is 57400146.

Went I got home, I immediately went out and installed them. Then out for a test ride. WOW. What a difference. No more buffeting like before. With my 7" LRS Recurve Shield, I no longer fight the wind. I do get a little more wind at the bottom of my legs. But it's not a problem. One of,the better $90 Harley parts I have invested in.
Do you have photos of your bike with them on? I just got mine today, but it looks like they need to go behind the metal plate (that the blinker is attached to) right? If they go behind the metal plate are the stock bolts long enough to re-attach?

Old 08-30-2013 | 06:49 PM
atretes1
Road Master

Originally Posted by Street-Glide
Do you have photos of your bike with them on? I just got mine today, but it looks like they need to go behind the metal plate (that the blinker is attached to) right? If they go behind the metal plate are the stock bolts long enough to re-attach?
I did this and Yes it goes behind and Yes I used the stock bolts. Actually I believe the top bolt does not even come out u loosen the bolt and slide the top of the deflector in the bolt.

Attached Thumbnails Harley Fork Mounted Wind Deflectors for FLHX-20130818_185858.jpg   Harley Fork Mounted Wind Deflectors for FLHX-20130818_163501.jpg   Harley Fork Mounted Wind Deflectors for FLHX-20130818_163546.jpg  

Last edited by atretes1; 08-30-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-30-2013 | 06:55 PM
09B29
Road Captain

Great
I had them on my Fatboy and it was night and day
Thanks

Old 08-30-2013 | 07:07 PM
Egldr05
Road Warrior

All you guys have to do is spend 23K+ on a 2014 and problem solved.

Old 08-30-2013 | 07:27 PM
atretes1
Road Master

Originally Posted by Egldr05
All you guys have to do is spend 23K+ on a 2014 and problem solved.

I spent 23k on a 2013 a month ago

Old 08-31-2013 | 06:32 AM
Street-Glide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by atretes1
I did this and Yes it goes behind and Yes I used the stock bolts. Actually I believe the top bolt does not even come out u loosen the bolt and slide the top of the deflector in the bolt.
Thanks for the info and photos. Can't wait to put them on and go for a ride.

Old 08-31-2013 | 06:38 AM
Rick Lees
Road Captain

I have the jes ones.... they hit the crash bars but I can still lock the forks and they do work clean air no more sunglass vibrations

Quick Reply: Harley Fork Mounted Wind Deflectors for FLHX