Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screaming Eagle Pro Super Tuner Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 09:01 PM
JJHOG
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screaming Eagle Pro Super Tuner Help

Just picked up the 2013 Software and cables for my SE Pro Super Tuner. Is there a way for me to save the current mapping that my Dealer downloaded to my TG after he installed the Headers. I'd like to retain it as my Baseline before trying out the Smart Tune function?

Yes, I know there's SEPST Forum with over 203 pages and over 2,300 replys. Posted this same question over there and never got a response. Hoping creating a thread here I can get some help.

Thanks.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:14 PM
2009blackpearle
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default yes there is

in the septs program on your computer click on tool box top left corner. you will need the vci connected to bike and laptop. two boxes down from tool box is picture looks like the vci module. from there it wil show record and download vci module. in download you can save the file last uploaded to the bike. thats what i used to see the download the tuner did on my bike and found the program he loaded had absolutely no changes to the program from the race tuner files no ve tables updated , no timing changes, nothing, all he did was try 2-3 programs and left the one that got the most hp. that is not dyno tuning. just renane it some thing like dealer upload. once u save it you can open file and go through tables, will say working and original. from there u can compare the files and see what they changed curious to see if they actually changed anything or just did what the 400 buck rip off dyno guy did to mine. if you just did pipes and air cleaner I doubt they did any changes, hopeflly they did smart tune runs to get proper ve tables for air flow though intake for air fuel ratio mixtures. diffrent programs have different timing values, im sure these motors are low on timing from factory and if you look at different programs you will see quite a variation. too high a timing will ping, and carbon deposts and bad gas will make it ping too.

Last edited by 2009blackpearle; 08-05-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:34 PM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior
Received 121 Likes on 91 Posts

subscribed ...interested myself on outcome.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:31 AM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

program started, cables plugged in and bike power switch on.
click on the tuning fork, see tabs 'stored calibration'-this is on your computer.
VCI tab-this is saved in the VCI as the last flashed tune, click and download then save where you can find it. his will only work if the dealer flashed through the VCI you received.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:21 PM
JJHOG
Road Captain

Thanks, guys appreciate the comeback. Now another question dealing with recording to the VCI? I'd like to do a Smartune working off of what my bike records to the VCI as I'm doing live driving runs.

The first question I have is how do live record to the VCI? I presume I just plug it into the bike but do I have to hit the button on the VCI to start it recording as I drive and if so how many times do I have to hit the button.

The second question is obvious, and that would be how do I download it so that it can be Smartuned and then saved as a new Mapping?

Old 08-05-2013, 12:26 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by JJHOG
Thanks, guys appreciate the comeback. Now another question dealing with recording to the VCI? I'd like to do a Smartune working off of what my bike records to the VCI as I'm doing live driving runs.

The first question I have is how do live record to the VCI? I presume I just plug it into the bike but do I have to hit the button on the VCI to start it recording as I drive and if so how many times do I have to hit the button.

The second question is obvious, and that would be how do I download it so that it can be Smartuned and then saved as a new Mapping?
I could tell you but I think you need to start with the basics. There is a manual on the CD, now loaded to your computer, read it, it does explain the how to questions, then if you are unclear ask again

Old 08-06-2013, 02:39 AM
2009blackpearle
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default get trainoing disk

get the training disk explains quite a bit -- use search feature on this forum
think disk is 40 bucks

Old 08-06-2013, 06:39 AM
JJHOG
Road Captain

Dealer didn't have it so ordered it yesterday. Should be in by end of the week. I'm not looking at wanting to get down and dirty with finite areas of tuning. I'm sure my dealer just used one of the canned maps after he installed my headers. I just want to make use of the Smartune Function after I've hooked up my VCI to the bike and ride around recording engine data. I'm sure the Smartune software will do a better job than me as far as adjusting the canned map to a more effective map.

I was reading through the manual yesterday regarding recording with the VCI. Seems simple enough but sometimes people that have actually done this function are better at explaining the steps in a more direct fashion without diversions which is what you get from the manual.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:11 AM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Old 08-06-2013, 10:16 AM
300Slim
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GriffinDenim13FLHX
subscribed ...interested myself on outcome.

Quick Reply: Screaming Eagle Pro Super Tuner Help