Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aux input/CB radio

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 11:09 AM
Tonhick
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aux input/CB radio

Is there a way to have the CB on and set to override the radio or aux input? I Captain a few rides a year and it would be nice to have another rider with a CB in the rear to let me know when all is well......Have used search and manual tells me nothing......

Old 08-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

Mine works like that automatically. If the CB is on, and the squelch is broken, then you will hear it because the CB receive audio takes priority over anything else you are listening to.

Understand that the CB has it's own audio volume, so make sure you get into the CB mode and set the volume so you can hear it. This also applies to the intercom and the radio itself, all have individual settings.

We use CBs all the time between the leader and the sweep rider in groups. Can you get along without them, sure, but it's much better with them.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:48 AM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Understand that the CB has it's own audio volume, so make sure you get into the CB mode and set the volume so you can hear it. This also applies to the intercom and the radio itself, all have individual settings.
Took me awhile to figure that out, first few rides with the wife and our headsets were a learning experience.Now if I could get the VOX to work without coming on every time I pass a truck or accelerate that would be really something.It's either way too sensitive or it's off. I still never use the CB but I can see where it could come in handy if you were riding in a group

Old 08-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Tonhick
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info, guys.......Will do some more investigating.......