Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dragos Dragula 2:1 or D+D Fat Cat full system

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Jersey_Marine
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dragos Dragula 2:1 or D+D Fat Cat full system

I want mean a*ss sound and low-mid range power. Any suggestions? I love the Sinister Industries Up Yours look but I know there will be no Low-Mid Range Power. I guess I cant have the best of both worlds..

Old 08-04-2013, 10:27 AM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,855 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey_Marine
I want mean a*ss sound and low-mid range power. Any suggestions? I love the Sinister Industries Up Yours look but I know there will be no Low-Mid Range Power. I guess I cant have the best of both worlds..
The Dragos will give you the sound you're looking for, just tell Frank your build and go with what he tells you, the man knows what he's talking about. They also look good and really perform, so maybe you can have the best of both worlds. I have no idea what the delivery time is right now. They are also priced right.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Hughey79
Tourer

Two different worlds here to be honest. I love my Dragos. Great sounds all over. Mild when needed loud when on it. Perfect for me. Not to mention that you get great customer service and Frank will always be there to help you.

D&D is loud period but sounds mean. Many on here say that the louvered wrapped baffle is the way to go but may want to call who ever you are ordering from and see what they say.

Bottom line. Its your preference. Everyone will have an opinion.

Oh and Dragos is not a pipe everyone has for now so you can be different than a lot. There are a lot of D&D's out there.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Jersey_Marine
Cruiser

Thank you guys for the input..I love the look of the short pipes like the Sinister Industries Up Yours and the Akropovic Open Line but whats the point if i have no grunt on the bottom...The longer pipes look all the same to me with nothing that separates them from each other. I have also been reading the black finishes alot of manufacturers are using arent very good and dont last very long. If I went with the D+D or Dragula Id want to get black if i went with the Up Yours Id stay there stock color with the black sleeve over the pipe portion.. I guess I should be fortunate to be able to make these decisions but its driving me nuts...

Old 08-04-2013, 02:30 PM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member

Can't go wrong with either. I have the D&D and I am on my 2nd bike with it, love it. I would recommend hearing them both and picking the sound you like. Performance and fit and finish will be a wash. Dragos is cheaper of the 2. Good luck.

Old 08-04-2013, 03:31 PM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

+1 for Drago's. Frank is great to deal with and he knows his ****.

Old 08-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 1,193 Likes on 563 Posts

I'm in the same boat as you, had nearly the exact same post a couple days ago trying to make up my mind. The little woman needs pipes for her fatboy lo as well so I'm solving the problem by doing both. She's getting the D&D 2:1 and I'm going with Dragos 2:1 for my RG. I want the low end torque of the 2:1 and with the Dragos being cheaper I'm going to do cams as well - can't have her bike be a better performer than mine. Finally heard a D&D this weekend and really great sound, based on what I had read online I expected it to be obnoxiously loud and you could hear it for sure, but it wasn't like **** every neighbor off and need earplugs on a long trip loud. That said, the guy we talked to couldn't remember which baffle he had for sure, but he thought it was the quietest one they make. I still haven't actually heard a Dragos yet other than youtube, but pretty much everything I've read said the bark when you get on it is incredible, the idle is nice and deep, and at cruising speed it mellows out nicely so no radio issues if you like tunes. I would prefer to hear it first but I'll be damned if she's getting pipes before me so I'm taking the chance. Have seen several threads trying to compare the 2 pipes so will post the sound of each when received and installed. Of the all the comments I've seen I don't think anyone had anything negative to say about the quality or fit of either one, the customer service from Dragos also gets very good reviews. At the end of the day I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:45 PM
Recycled
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would suggest attending a few gatherings in order to hear these systems first hand but as mentioned you don't see that many Drago equipped bikes. I love everything about the Drago Dragula with 2.55 baffle. It is the perfect system to match up with the cams, A/C, and other mods on my bike.

Everyone with the D&Ds seem to love them too, so that leaves price and sound preference. Good luck with your choice.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:09 PM
soniccbr
Tourer
Veteran: Navy
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a Dragos, and it fit great, sounds great, makes good power on my 88, and freed up space from the cross over, and took off weight. Everything I wanted and expected. However, I got mine in black, and have had the muffler fade badly, and have already recoated the heat shields due to an oil leak (but that was my own fault).