Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket backrest for 1990 Electra Glide Ultra Classic

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 10:05 AM
Aryn Anderson
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket backrest for 1990 Electra Glide Ultra Classic

My husband and I just bought this bike and it needs a passenger backrest. I don't want the big one with the arms, so I need help finding the correct sissy bar/pad instead. I'm having trouble finding anything that will fit on an Electra Glide older than 1994. Any advice would be appreciated!

Old 02-04-2015, 07:17 AM
DeputyLoud
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Aryn Anderson
My husband and I just bought this bike and it needs a passenger backrest. I don't want the big one with the arms, so I need help finding the correct sissy bar/pad instead. I'm having trouble finding anything that will fit on an Electra Glide older than 1994. Any advice would be appreciated!
Can't help you much there with the sissy bar and backrest. All I can do is share that with my 1991 EGC, the only aftermarket seat and backrest I could find that was worth a damn was from Mustang Seats. Try there if you haven't already. Good luck!

http://www.mustangseats.com/Category/Sissy-Bar-Pads

Old 02-04-2015, 11:01 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,868 Likes on 2,430 Posts
Thumbs up

Hi Aryn from the UK and welcome to HDF. Bought my 1990 Glide new and have an aftermarket Corbin seat and backrest on it. When new your bike had a tourpak, does it still have that? The reason you're having difficulty finding a sissybar backrest is that there was nothing of that sort available for our model years. If you still have a tourpak and don't want the traditional wrap-around backrest you may be able to find an earlier simple pad, from before the wrap-around type, but that goes back to shovel days.

We have a dedicated Evo section, so call in there and take a look around. There are plenty of owners of bikes from the same years as yours.