Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trip Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 10:40 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 307 Likes on 199 Posts
Default Trip Suggestions

Leaving this weekend for our annual "guy" trip. Three us going.
Leaving Kentucky headed to Chicago for a smoking gun T-shirt from Chicago HD and a Itailan beef sandwich. From there headed to HD museum and Milwaukee HD. Then headed to Minnesota, just because I've never rode in that state. Then to Iown to the American Pickers store...

Anyone have anything to add to the trip, as places or thinks to see or do? Thinking about the Wis Dells..don't know much about that....

Any places we should avoid?

Thanks all...

Old 07-30-2013, 02:31 AM
Ray Lloyd
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ha-Ha, thanks Bro, I needed that!!!!!

This is the funniest thread I think I've ever seen on here!!!!!

Yeah, don't miss "Les Miserables" and Brookfield Zoo in August while you are at it!!!!!

Old 07-30-2013, 02:37 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ray Lloyd
Ha-Ha, thanks Bro, I needed that!!!!!

This is the funniest thread I think I've ever seen on here!!!!!

Yeah, don't miss "Les Miserables" and Brookfield Zoo in August while you are at it!!!!!
WFT? Over...

Old 07-30-2013, 04:09 AM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Seems he was amused because you are going for a t-shirt, a samich, hd museum and to see american pickers. I think the reasons you are going is kewl, if I was in a position to ride that far just because, I would do it to. Have fun on your trip Casper, be safe.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:16 AM
LoneWolf01
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Casper,

I live in the desert southwest, so I had to look up some of the places that you are talking about going. I think that's going to be a good trip. Hell, anytime you can put some long miles down with buddies is a good time. I'm not big on museums but, if I was there I'm sue I could find a bar while my buddies did the museum tour. LOL.

Ok. So I checked the weather, not being familiar with the areas, looks like your good on the weekend. A possible thunderstorm or shower in Chi-town, Milwaukie and Dells on Friday (I know I don't have to tell you, but rain gear is a good idea). Saturday and Sunday look good as far as what Accuweather says but we all know things can change.

When I was home on leave at the end of July in Phoenix, I rode from Phoenix to Malibu through Yuma, Az. It was 117 degrees ambient air temp and 120 to 125+ on the highway. So the temps I am seeing where you are going ( no more than about 90 degrees/ lows in the 60s) has me a bit jealous. That's gonna be a bitchin ride and you won't even have to wrap up like a mummy, soaking your clothes and shoes in water to make the journey as I did. I looked at some pics online of some of your stops. Looks interesting. Make sure you throw down some pics when your done. Gives some of us over here in Iraq something to look forward to when we get back to our rides. Ride on brother Casper and enjoy.

LW01 out.

Last edited by LoneWolf01; 07-30-2013 at 04:19 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-30-2013, 04:27 AM
Piggs
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Casper
Leaving this weekend for our annual "guy" trip. Three us going.
Leaving Kentucky headed to Chicago for a smoking gun T-shirt from Chicago HD and a Itailan beef sandwich. From there headed to HD museum and Milwaukee HD. Then headed to Minnesota, just because I've never rode in that state. Then to Iown to the American Pickers store...

Anyone have anything to add to the trip, as places or thinks to see or do? Thinking about the Wis Dells..don't know much about that....

Any places we should avoid?

Thanks all...
it gets COLD in Minnesoto, even in the summer.. but sounds like a great trip.. GL & KTSSU...

Old 07-30-2013, 04:35 AM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneWolf01
Casper,

I live in the desert southwest, so I had to look up some of the places that you are talking about going. I think that's going to be a good trip. Hell, anytime you can put some long miles down with buddies is a good time. I'm not big on museums but, if I was there I'm sue I could find a bar while my buddies did the museum tour. LOL.

Ok. So I checked the weather, not being familiar with the areas, looks like your good on the weekend. A possible thunderstorm or shower in Chi-town, Milwaukie and Dells on Friday (I know I don't have to tell you, but rain gear is a good idea). Saturday and Sunday look good as far as what Accuweather says but we all know things can change.

When I was home on leave at the end of July in Phoenix, I rode from Phoenix to Malibu through Yuma, Az. It was 117 degrees ambient air temp and 120 to 125+ on the highway. So the temps I am seeing where you are going ( no more than about 90 degrees/ lows in the 60s) has me a bit jealous. That's gonna be a bitchin ride and you won't even have to wrap up like a mummy, soaking your clothes and shoes in water to make the journey as I did. I looked at some pics online of some of your stops. Looks interesting. Make sure you throw down some pics when your done. Gives some of us over here in Iraq something to look forward to when we get back to our rides. Ride on brother Casper and enjoy.

LW01 out.

Pssstttt, LW01, you aint supposed to tell anyone we are still in Iraq

Old 07-30-2013, 06:28 AM
Oxford
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Head west across Wisconsin to Prairie Du Chien. Take 35N The Great River Road to Nelson, WI. Nice scenic ride. Stop at the Nelson Creamery for an ice cream and some cheese curds.
From there you can cross the Mississippi to Wabasha, MN. The National Eagle Center is just to south of the bridge along the river.
http://www.nationaleaglecenter.org/

Wabasha is where they filmed Grumpy Old Men. Have a great trip!

Old 07-30-2013, 06:28 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member

Thanks all, yeah, its just a fun ride, somewhere to go. I only lack Washington State, Oregon, Idaho, North Dakota and Minnisota to finish the lower 48... Going to the Alcan highway when I retire...

Road out to San Deigo a few years back to see my sister, it was 121 in Phionx so I know of what you speak...hot is hot, dry heat my butt....

As for the T-shirt...there are only two HD dealerships allowed to have a gun on their shirt, one is Deadwood SD ( wild Bill Hickcock) and Chicago HD, home of the smoking gun..got the Deadwood last year when I went to Strugis.

Heck, we road to Toledo OH for a hotdog ( Tony Packo's ) 350 plus miles...

Already planning out trip next year to Reno NV....try and get WA and OR then...

I'll post some pics when we get back.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:29 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member

Thanks Oxford...

Quick Reply: Trip Suggestions