Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trip Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 02:35 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

Python, I think it'll be to far, but I'll ,run it by them, never know...course it's also an excuse for a road trip!!

Oh, I too have a python, 4" Stainless...carried it for a long time...retired it to the safe...kind of wish it was a 6".....

Ok, i left myself wide open, easy guys...I know wife wishes too!!! Haha..

Old 07-30-2013, 02:56 PM
PackersShirt
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Milwaukee is fun. If it wasn't so cold in the winter, I'd live there. Brewers games are cool. I don't even like Miller that much, but the brewery tour was fun. If you are in Wisconsin on a Friday night, be sure to do fish fry, and the little hole-in-the wall bars on seemingly every corner where you play dice with the bartender for drinks are awesome.

Old 07-30-2013, 03:04 PM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member
Received 418 Likes on 190 Posts

Sounds like a fun ride. As for places to avoid - New Yawk, Joisey, and Kalifornication top my list.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:36 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 532 Posts

the bluff roads on the wisconsin side of the mississippi are one of the best kept secrets.between lacrosse and prarie du chain,lots off small east west count roads (from the river road) rock,rockys supper club lust south of lacrosse is a don't miss dinner.little burger stand in prarie du chein is almost famous.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:38 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 532 Posts

dells = tourist trap.hwy 60 from east to west is a nice ride to get from milwaukee to southwest wis, pm and i can recommend some clean mom and pop motels for around 50$ a night.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:40 PM
12hdrk
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Casper
Leaving this weekend for our annual "guy" trip. Three us going.
Leaving Kentucky headed to Chicago for a smoking gun T-shirt from Chicago HD and a Itailan beef sandwich. From there headed to HD museum and Milwaukee HD. Then headed to Minnesota, just because I've never rode in that state. Then to Iown to the American Pickers store...

Anyone have anything to add to the trip, as places or thinks to see or do? Thinking about the Wis Dells..don't know much about that....

Any places we should avoid?

Thanks all...

Don't miss Danni D's mountains :-) Sounds like a good trip.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:21 PM
gsparesa
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those trashing California rides are totally ignorant to what Norther California (NorCal) offers. Anything south of Carmel, CA is a different State. Period. You need to get off the freeways to really receive therapeutic healing. If you've never been on Cal's 1, 3, 20, 35, 49, 70, 84, 108, 120, 128, 299, 395 and G16 (Carmel Valley Rd) you don't know what you are missing. These are just a few. I know I'm missing other beautiful and fun rides.

I've ridden in your state, Kentucky. Nice State. I drank a lot of Bourbon while doing the Bourbon Trail. I shall be ever hooked on Willett Whiskey, even though that distillery was not on the Burbon trail. Best visual Distillery was Makers Mark which also offers a decent whiskey. Nice ride to get there too.
There were back roads we took through the smokies of N. Carolina and Tennessee that I thought were pretty impressive. I especially liked going to the motorcycle museum in Maggie valley. I think it's called the Wheels Through Time. This museum is “Mo Betta” than the Harley-Davidson museum. Every motorcycle enthusiast should visit this museum at least once. How could I forget the “Tale of the Dragon” (129) through Deals' gap. Though commercially hyped, it did offer a decent roller coaster ride with nice views. We have roads in NoCal equal to that if not better.

If you are headed into Milwaukee for the Harley-Davidson Museum, stay at the Iron Horse Hotel. A bit pricey but it's WORTH IT! It's right across the river from the HD museum.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:36 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by gsparesa
Those trashing California rides are totally ignorant to what Norther California (NorCal) offers. Anything south of Carmel, CA is a different State. Period. You need to get off the freeways to really receive therapeutic healing. If you've never been on Cal's 1, 3, 20, 35, 49, 70, 84, 108, 120, 128, 299, 395 and G16 (Carmel Valley Rd) you don't know what you are missing. These are just a few. I know I'm missing other beautiful and fun rides.

I've ridden in your state, Kentucky. Nice State. I drank a lot of Bourbon while doing the Bourbon Trail. I shall be ever hooked on Willett Whiskey, even though that distillery was not on the Burbon trail. Best visual Distillery was Makers Mark which also offers a decent whiskey. Nice ride to get there too.
There were back roads we took through the smokies of N. Carolina and Tennessee that I thought were pretty impressive. I especially liked going to the motorcycle museum in Maggie valley. I think it's called the Wheels Through Time. This museum is “Mo Betta” than the Harley-Davidson museum. Every motorcycle enthusiast should visit this museum at least once. How could I forget the “Tale of the Dragon” (129) through Deals' gap. Though commercially hyped, it did offer a decent roller coaster ride with nice views. We have roads in NoCal equal to that if not better.

If you are headed into Milwaukee for the Harley-Davidson Museum, stay at the Iron Horse Hotel. A bit pricey but it's WORTH IT! It's right across the river from the HD museum.
I agree, been to Northen CA before, Eurkia was cool during the 4th of July, thought I'd stepped back in time, all the old hippies....Calf is a lot like Fl, ya hae to get away from the tourist spots and the coast line...see the real state...
My bucket list has the PCH on it..along with SF and the Redwoods and a bunch more...

Old 07-30-2013, 10:13 PM
Michael Motorcycle
Intermediate

If you are passing through Chicago, go up Lake Shore Drive along the lake in downtown and make a stop at Navy Pier. Also get a hotdog at Portillos. They have killer Italian beef sandwiches too! Have fun!

Old 07-30-2013, 10:25 PM
I'maHugger
Tourer

Take 1-39 North to 64 W...Check out Route 2 on the Rock River near Oregon, IL...beautiful road and ride.
The scenic byway in eastern Minnesota Duluth north through two harbors and up to Gooseberry Falls is awesome as well.
As for food in Chicago...Lou Malnati's Pizza.