Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autotune installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 08:05 AM
slammed05fatty
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Autotune installed

got my new O2 bungs welded in and autotune installed friday. rode about 300 miles over the weekend. autotune made my bike run much smoother and most of the decel popping is gone but not completely.
couple questions i have are what should the paramiters be set at on the autotune such as min temp and what ever else that is on the screen when you configure it. i dont have it in front of me right now so dont remember it all. i think i read in an old post somewhere that it will only adjust the 20% and then you need to go in and reset it after a little while. is that correct?

Old 07-29-2013, 08:10 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,536 Likes on 22,682 Posts

My vote would be to call Roy Harper of Dyno-jet in Las Vegas.
That's his job.

If you accept the trims. It will go +20%.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:48 AM
SavageChopper
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

I used the default temp setting and would apply trims after every ride. If you get a map that is close to start with, you shouldn't see many trims that are above +-20 percent. I ran a map until I would see adjustments of no more than 3 percent then I changed the map to adjust based on gear and changed the target AFR in the cruise range to 14.5 for gears 4-6 and ran several more time until barely any adjustments were made. All in all, it took about a thousand miles before I felt I had a tune for all conditions. I set this as my final map and unplugged the auto-tune and removed the O2 sensors. I have done this on two bikes and have run at different elevations and temp conditions without any issues. Fuel mileage is around 41MPG during a group rides and a little less if I get on it. I'm actually going to do this same process on my wife's Sportster next spring.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:40 AM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by slammed05fatty
got my new O2 bungs welded in and autotune installed friday. rode about 300 miles over the weekend. autotune made my bike run much smoother and most of the decel popping is gone but not completely.
couple questions i have are what should the paramiters be set at on the autotune such as min temp and what ever else that is on the screen when you configure it. i dont have it in front of me right now so dont remember it all. i think i read in an old post somewhere that it will only adjust the 20% and then you need to go in and reset it after a little while. is that correct?
It would be helpful to know which auto-tune you have, but your assumption is correct. Upload the offsets/changes & that will become your new map. The next ride will create offsets/changes +/-20% to that map. Continue the cycle till the changes/offsets are minimal. That becomes your final map, & the auto tune will simply make changes for climate, altitude, etc.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:50 AM
slammed05fatty
Outstanding HDF Member

sorry i was still half asleep lol i ahve the power commandor set up. another question i ahve is what the lights on the autotune actually mean? when i start bike i get 3 red flashes, pause, 3 red flashes, solid red light after all that. the other light has not came on at all. i searched and found nothing on theirir function. i did see once i get solid red light my laptop reconized the autotuner.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:53 AM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

One thing I found helpful if you have cams is to limit the lean to 10 %. You can leave the rich at 20. I also disabled autotune in the idle and off idle area below 2000. Once you get your map close you don't need autotune working in those areas.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:59 PM
jlj6t
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slammed05fatty
sorry i was still half asleep lol i ahve the power commandor set up. another question i ahve is what the lights on the autotune actually mean? when i start bike i get 3 red flashes, pause, 3 red flashes, solid red light after all that. the other light has not came on at all. i searched and found nothing on theirir function. i did see once i get solid red light my laptop reconized the autotuner.
The 3 red flashes are the AT module self-testing its' O2 sensors. It'll do this a few times, before hopefully settling on to a solid red light. That means all is well.

Straight from the DynoJet helpdesk...not like I had the same question when I installed mine or anything...

Old 07-29-2013, 01:43 PM
slammed05fatty
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jlj6t
The 3 red flashes are the AT module self-testing its' O2 sensors. It'll do this a few times, before hopefully settling on to a solid red light. That means all is well.

Straight from the DynoJet helpdesk...not like I had the same question when I installed mine or anything...
awesome thanks, i figured it was all good after it went solid red because that when my lap top picked up the auto tune.