Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screaming Eagle street performace tuner question

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 04:37 PM
porkysnow
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screaming Eagle street performace tuner question

Ok, I have a 2007 street glide new to me with the 103 big bore kit installed with 255 cams and screaming eagle pipes. Have been talking with a few people and they tell me that I should have a Screaming Eagle street performance tuner that the previous owner should of given me with the bike. Long story short I called the guy and he said they flashed the ECM when they put the kit and pipes on the bike. So question is do I need or would it be recommended that I get the SEST and have it tuned or is it fine the way it is. I understand that it's just a generic ECM flash? It runs ok I guess since it's my first Harley? Looking for some

Old 07-27-2013, 04:46 PM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior
Received 121 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by porkysnow
Ok, I have a 2007 street glide new to me with the 103 big bore kit installed with 255 cams and screaming eagle pipes. Have been talking with a few people and they tell me that I should have a Screaming Eagle street performance tuner that the previous owner should of given me with the bike. Long story short I called the guy and he said they flashed the ECM when they put the kit and pipes on the bike. So question is do I need or would it be recommended that I get the SEST and have it tuned or is it fine the way it is. I understand that it's just a generic ECM flash? It runs ok I guess since it's my first Harley? Looking for some
What tuner did they use to tune the bike after parts applied. Usually a HD owner will say he tuned it with ( this) tuner because he paid for it and he knows the name of it. Not just "ya we tuned it" ...Ok so where is the tuner? He is probably pulling your chain. I have a Screaming Eagle street performance tuner . The only downside is if you do not know how to tune EFI then you need to bring it to the dealer. Try looking at FuelMoto and look at the Power commander V (5) it will be smoother for you to use. As well if you add other parts on the bike down the road you can get a new map from Fuel moto and install it your self. Or use the Autotune feature and it will tune it for you. I have heard good and bad on both tuners.
Either way get a tuner as you do not want the bike to be running lean.

Griff

Old 07-27-2013, 04:46 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If your ok with the way it runs it will be fine. The tuner will dial it in better but you have to figure if its worth the cost

Old 07-27-2013, 05:15 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

If your happy with the way it runs leave it alone. If you need a tuner or want o try to get more out of it look into a power vision,tts or SE performance race tuner Don't buy the street tuner it is limited in its values by EPA standards.

Best advice is read up on tuners and then call Fuel Moto and talk to Jamie or Keith and ask some questions

Old 07-27-2013, 05:21 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

With your older year model you can get one of these.

http://www.revperf.com/Precision/

Old 07-27-2013, 06:12 PM
Shovelhed
Tourer

You'll be happier with the tuner, but once a SE is married-it's forever!!! Hate that about em tho

Old 07-27-2013, 07:39 PM
porkysnow
Novice

Thanks for the responses, I guess I have some homework to do.

Old 07-27-2013, 07:50 PM
dulley
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Harley did the down loads on my 2011 r.g 103 it always ran great ,but the plugs were always pure white and my pipes were always clean . yeah running lean . so I went to fuel moto bought a pc.5 with a map they put in for me , but it ping a little then they took that map and adjusted it .now more power ,no pinging , and best of all ,now my pipes are turning black ,first time in 9400 miles . I pulled the plugs and they are now turning tan . yes the cost under 400. was worth it for me . so pull your plugs and they are clean and white ,then yes add a tuner .n buy it from fuel moto . they will help u to no end . good luck., I just seen you have a 07 you will need a pc3. wow I just looked it up and they do have a pc5 for the 2007. go figure that lol., they are on sell through fuel moto now for 299. damn .I paid 375. a month ago

Last edited by dulley; 07-27-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:53 PM
porkysnow
Novice

Originally Posted by dulley
Harley did the down loads on my 2011 r.g 103 it always ran great ,but the plugs were always pure white and my pipes were always clean . yeah running lean . so I went to fuel moto bought a pc.5 with a map they put in for me , but it ping a little then they took that map and adjusted it .now more power ,no pinging , and best of all ,now my pipes are turning black ,first time in 9400 miles . I pulled the plugs and they are now turning tan . yes the cost under 400. was worth it for me . so pull your plugs and they are clean and white ,then yes add a tuner .n buy it from fuel moto . they will help u to no end . good luck., I just seen you have a 07 you will need a pc3
I will look at my plugs and see. Thanks

Old 07-27-2013, 07:55 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

It will run better with a race tuner and a dyno tune

Quick Reply: Screaming Eagle street performace tuner question