Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaker Upgrade - Lower Fairing ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 05:35 PM
Crusader45
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Speaker Upgrade - Lower Fairing ?

This question is for anyone who has upgraded their speakers to the HD Boom speakers, in particular adding a pair to the lower fairings as well. I'm considering this upgrade on my new 2013 Ultra Limited. Plan on installing the amp as part of this upgrade.

What is the sound quality difference compared to stock and are the lower fairing speakers worth it, do the lowers improve the overall sound quality? I am having the detachable tour pack kit installed this week so I don't plan on upgrading the rear speakers.

Any thoughts are much appreciated!

Thanks

Old 07-26-2013, 07:06 PM
JohnSWA
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Go to the Audio section and ask this question. Ultranutz is a moderator there and he will answer all of your questions and more!

Old 07-26-2013, 07:39 PM
DuraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 78 Posts

I put a pair of the Boom lower faring speakers on my RGU so I could still have 4 speakers with the tour pac off. HDs method of install is kinda cheap in my book but the speakers do work well with the HK radio. I put CVO speakers (same as the Boom) in the upper fairing and have no problem hearing the radio at 80 behind the windsplitter windshield.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:01 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boom speakers are nice speakers for people that want to upgrade without adding an amp. I had them installed on my Limited before I took delivery and they were an improvement over stock. But I can't leave well enough alone and went over the top.

Concerning lower fairing speakers. You will not be able to hear them unless you amp them. If you're going to do that, you might as well amp the whole system. You can use the Boom speakers in that scenario if you want, but you will be stuck with using something like Hogtunes amps because the speakers can't handle a lot of power. You could use Boom amps, but they are expensive and not worth the money.

Many ways to go. Just depends on what your expectations are, and what you are willing to spend to achieve them.