Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

arnot air suspention

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 01:43 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I have 13" legends. My buddy, 12" Arnott Bilsteins we just installed last weekend.

I can tell you that the Arnotts ride smoother. They have softer dampening than the Legends. And for 1/2 the price are TOTALLY worth the money. Only janky part of the Arnott system is all the custom work you need to do to install it. It's for sure not a plug and play system like the Legends is.

We had to modify both included brackets in order to fit the compressor and manifold behind the right side cover. End result is pretty trick. Wish i took some pics...

Old 07-25-2013, 01:48 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mixter
I recently installed the bilstein 13" and am finding the ride pretty rough. Am I not putting enough air or is there an adjustment I'm missing? I usually like ornery shocks but these are jolting my back on normal road bumps
Air them up to the top. Then bounce on your seat, standing up between bounces. When you stand up between bounces and the shock doesn't top out, you're about where you need to be for a comfortable ride.

I'm not talking jumping out of your seat either, just a gentle bounce to get a feel for the shock inflation.

That's what I did when I test rode my buddy's after the install. Worked well, but we ordered a Legends in-dash 150psi gauge to make adjustment easier. Don't waste your time with the Legends 300psi gauge, it's a POS.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:58 PM
puzzled1
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jswerve
Oh boy lol. A little healthy competition is always good for the consumer

Why does the 08 and up touring kit say it won't work on my '12 CVO SG?
Due to compressor mounting. It will work on your 12 as it did on my 13 CVO RG. As posted earlier you will have to mount the compressor under the nose of the seat. The first generation kits mounted the compressor under the battery tray then they moved to the side cover than to the swing arm. For me I've always mounted them under the nose of the seat.

Old 07-25-2013, 05:02 PM
puzzled1
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Mixter
I recently installed the bilstein 13" and am finding the ride pretty rough. Am I not putting enough air or is there an adjustment I'm missing? I usually like ornery shocks but these are jolting my back on normal road bumps

They will "soften" up when they get some miles on them. Air them up to the top then release a little air. At full up you have eliminated the ability of the shock to extend while riding. While on the interstate I'll set my shocks somewhere close to the middle of the travel range for a nice comfortable ride. While on back roads and in the corners I'll run them maxed all the way up (need the clearance for my stretched bags).

Old 07-25-2013, 06:00 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by puzzled1
Due to compressor mounting. It will work on your 12 as it did on my 13 CVO RG. As posted earlier you will have to mount the compressor under the nose of the seat. The first generation kits mounted the compressor under the battery tray then they moved to the side cover than to the swing arm. For me I've always mounted them under the nose of the seat.
Got any pics of where you mount them under the nose of the seat? I got no room under there for anything, it's filled with wire harnesses tubing and sensors. I have 2013 with ABS.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:34 PM
bundy43
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by bundy43
does the Aldin shock take that jolt out of bumps,and what I am talking about is ,going over a bridge when the pavement is 2 inch diff from rode to bridge,some times there could be up to 3in in diff.
So what I have concluded is that Arnot or Legends air susp.is any better than factory,right

Old 07-26-2013, 12:58 AM
FLHProadkill
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I adjust it on the fly. Getting a digital gauge to monitor the pressure. Have not noticed it getting softer.
I have a hitch so the bracket wouldn't work and made my own. I have a police bike so I installed it behind the license plate. Bought a police radio box and you and U can't tell it's there unless looking for it. Didn't like the location they suggested anyway.
FLHPRK

Old 07-26-2013, 02:20 AM
Mixter
Road Warrior

Thanks for the tips guys!

Old 07-26-2013, 05:57 AM
MichiganMikey
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looked at mounting mine under the nose of the seat, but i just cant see where it would even come close to fitting under there. Too much schit in the way. Gonna try to go under the fairing with it if the supplied hoses and wiring is long enough. Anyone that has theirs mounted under the fairing have any install tips?

Old 07-26-2013, 07:35 AM
RRProfessor
Cruiser
Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

I mounted mine on top of the radio, and mounted the manifold under the right side cover. Works perfectly.

Quick Reply: arnot air suspention