Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tourpack template

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 06:44 AM
davidw221
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tourpack template

I purchase a lightbar for my Tourpack from eBay, when I received the light, there wasn't a template for me to drill my holes into the Tourpack, I've tried to contact the seller, NO luck, now I need to find a template to install the lights.
Harley has one with their light kit, the parts guys showed one to me on Friday!
Anybody have a template their not using? to go with the aftermarket 09-above tourpacks?

Old 07-21-2013, 07:50 AM
btsom
Grand HDF Member
Received 722 Likes on 499 Posts

You might try making your own with construction paper. Start by measuring the distance between mounting studs and punch some holes. It might take a couple of tries before you get the holes right, then lay it against the the light assembly and trace the outline. cut it out and tape in place. The folks selling the non Harley accessories might suffer a drop in sales once word gets out that their kits are incomplete and customer support isn't so hot. Membership in a forum like this might exert a little pressure to get more support.

I have recently been looking at these also. The ones I saw showed just 2 wires going to the turn signal lights suggesting there isn't a "running light" (dim) function on those, only a bright stop/turn function. My son's Harley lights have dim and bright functions all the way across on all the lights. While I would prefer that feature, the price premium is slowing me down a bit. Can you confirm at some time later if the lights on either side don't have a dim feature?

Old 07-21-2013, 07:53 AM
davidw221
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sure btsom!

Old 07-21-2013, 08:23 AM
VTL nut
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just installed the tour pack spoiler with LED light on Friday,
and if that is the one your after I can remove, and show some center to center dimensions so you can drill it. Pm me if this is what you are after. The template came with 3 different mounting points depending on accessories on the tour pack lid, which I have none of.
Hollar if that is what you are after and we can get something to you rather than shooting in the dark.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:16 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by VTL nut
I just installed the tour pack spoiler with LED light on Friday,
and if that is the one your after I can remove, and show some center to center dimensions so you can drill it. Pm me if this is what you are after. The template came with 3 different mounting points depending on accessories on the tour pack lid, which I have none of.
Hollar if that is what you are after and we can get something to you rather than shooting in the dark.
Good stepin up VTL.....

Old 07-21-2013, 02:49 PM
vzts4q
Road Master

Originally Posted by davidw221
I purchase a lightbar for my Tourpack from eBay, when I received the light, there wasn't a template for me to drill my holes into the Tourpack, I've tried to contact the seller, NO luck, now I need to find a template to install the lights.
Harley has one with their light kit, the parts guys showed one to me on Friday!
Anybody have a template their not using? to go with the aftermarket 09-above tourpacks?
If it is like the Harley LED lightbar I have the template for it and I'm 30 miles south of Indy

PM me for more info. OOPS spoke to soon went out to the garage to look for it and can't find it. I'll look again tomorrow.

Last edited by vzts4q; 07-21-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:02 PM
vzts4q
Road Master

Originally Posted by vzts4q
If it is like the Harley LED lightbar I have the template for it and I'm 30 miles south of Indy

PM me for more info. OOPS spoke to soon went out to the garage to look for it and can't find it. I'll look again tomorrow.
Found the template scanned it to a PDF and got it to the OP have not heard back to find out if it worked for him.