Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Better looking RoadGlide fairing contest

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007 | 02:53 AM
buttman
Road Master
Default RE: Better looking RoadGlide fairing contest

Black and white is really cool isn't it!!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/8977/428F7AC1D95F43D4AB3EBF3299C4685C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-03-2007 | 05:04 AM
atexn4christ
Road Master

Anybody seen the thread on the "batwing" fairing brackets breaking. I have not had any problems with mine. Only with the wind shield rubbing against the dash.

Old 03-03-2007 | 12:50 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member

IMHO the Roadglide has the better looking fairing.
Tom

Old 03-03-2007 | 12:59 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army

ORIGINAL: maximus

Forget the light thing, it's a silly argument.
I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard that comment about the headlight.

Old 03-03-2007 | 01:53 PM
LOU
Cruiser

Did I hear wrong? I was told the '07 Road Glides have the fairings fork mounted; maybe just another goofy dealer comment.

Old 03-03-2007 | 02:29 PM
TampaJim
Road Master

ORIGINAL: LOU

Did I hear wrong? I was told the '07 Road Glides have the fairings fork mounted; maybe just another goofy dealer comment.
You heard wrong. Who ever you talked to at that dealer doesn't know his product.

Old 03-03-2007 | 03:27 PM
maximus
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: tmitchellof PG

IMHO the Roadglide has the better looking fairing.
Tom
I didn't want to go there but I think you're right and if you check out this edition of American Bagger, which I just bought last night, the hottest looking baggers are the Road Glides. I will say that I love the look of a tricked out SG but NOTHING compares to the comfortable ride of an RG. JMHO

p.s. We are a cult so PLEASE do not go out and buy one unless you are worthy.

Old 03-03-2007 | 06:30 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior

The Road Glide is the only fairing-equipped Harley I'll buy (I've owned one previously.) I do think they look a little better when equipped with a matching tour pack - it seems to take some of the emphasis off the shark nose.

Old 03-04-2007 | 03:06 AM
JBA111
|
Road Captain

Well let me jump back in here. Ijust thoughtwith all the knowledgeable Harley folks on herethat someone mightcould come up with a better looking front end that works as good as the Roadglide?? kinda funny in this day and age of sleek *** jets and streamlined air foil cars and knife edged looking bikes that NOONE can even dream that there MIGHT bea cooler design for the Roadglide?
Seems like way back I remember Harley folks saying youu cant' put disc brakes on a bike. And then we don't need no Electronic ignition it dont work good. And who ever thunk of cruise control on a cycle let alone a radio with a CD player??? And If memory serves me correctly there was all kinds of who needs this batwing looking thing and then we got a batwing mobile we don't need no new plactic bucket on the front end, THESE ARE HARLEYS NOT 2 WHEELED CARS!!!!!!
I'm sure glad over the years there were guys who had alittle insight and forethought and imagination to think something might work better or look better.
Actually there are quite a few real fine looking RoadGlides pics on here. but just to get some gray matter stirring try this. Take one of the pics you like and cover up everything but the front fairing, now ask yourself could you design something better??
And the front end could wrap arround and flow down into a set of lowers too!
AND it dont have to REPLACE the RoadGlide maybe a new model? Ya know the Batwing models the RoadGlide Models and the XXXXX model?

Old 03-04-2007 | 03:55 AM
Scotto
Banned

I think my RG looks a little odd from the front view, but I dont think there is a better looking Harley from the side view. I love the profile of my bike. I keep thinking the front might look better to me if I smoke the headlight lense cover. has anyone tried that here and have any pictures?

Quick Reply: Better looking RoadGlide fairing contest