Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Better looking RoadGlide fairing contest

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007 | 12:36 AM
ROLLNTIGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Better looking RoadGlide fairing contest

ORIGINAL: mason417

People swear by them, But I am not a fan of a fairing that does not move with from forks - I like my lights to follow my turning path
I have heard that same excuse over and over! What do you do in your cage? Are your headlights mounted to your tires? Really messing with ya but think about what your saying. A car or truck has the headlights fixed.

Old 03-02-2007 | 12:47 AM
bay13
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: allen.m

The headlights on you car dont move with the steering wheel either. do you not like that?[8D]

People swear by them, But I am not a fan of a fairing that does not move with from forks - I like my lights to follow my turning path

Actually you are right the ones on my car don't turn, however the hightech cars are going to this and it's in the future. When in a curve, it's nice to see where you are going not off in a field some where.

Old 03-02-2007 | 01:00 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: bay13
Actually you are right the ones on my car don't turn, however the hightech cars are going to this and it's in the future. When in a curve, it's nice to see where you are going not off in a field some where.
If you are in a curve on that RK going above 5-8mph, YOUR headlight don't turn either! The act of counter-steering brings your bike off the center of the tread and onto the rounded edge of the tire and the result is that your bike begins to change direction. NOT because you are turning the bars and attached headlight. You headlight points as straight as mine in a turn.

Old 03-02-2007 | 01:01 AM
maximus
Cruiser

Forget the light thing, it's a silly argument. I'm sure every Harley at night would love to have the luminance of dual RG headlights. It takes about five minutes for an experienced rider to get use to the fixed fairing. That's it. All the rest is about the looks. JMHO

Old 03-02-2007 | 01:09 AM
pavermanter
Cruiser

MAN!!, those are ugly! hahahaha just funin.
You know what they say..."there's an *** for evey seat"

Old 03-02-2007 | 01:18 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member

Used to hate the look, but then again, I didn't like any fairing mounted HD. Now when I see a Roadglide I always take a second look. There is a certain individuality persona that goes with Roadgliders I think. I see a lot of very satisfied riders cruising down the slab at 80! I still prefer my Batwing, but there is something about the Roadglides that are sexy. I'm sure I'll take a hard look at them next go around. The only thing I really don't like are the double headlights.

Old 03-02-2007 | 02:02 AM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: GliderXXX

Used to hate the look, but then again, I didn't like any fairing mounted HD. Now when I see a Roadglide I always take a second look. There is a certain individuality persona that goes with Roadgliders I think. I see a lot of very satisfied riders cruising down the slab at 80! I still prefer my Batwing, but there is something about the Roadglides that are sexy. I'm sure I'll take a hard look at them next go around. The only thing I really don't like are the double headlights.
I was the same way - 'til I sat on one. Rides great, and those massive twin headlights really brighten up the night!

Old 03-02-2007 | 02:54 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member

Whats all the fuss about? They look great!!

Old 03-02-2007 | 11:16 AM
allen.m
Tourer

I was just messing around but i know that at speed, meaning (not at parking lot speeds), when you are going though corners, you don'tturn your handle bars, you lean. so it doesnt matter any way you look at it.Ride safe and watch out for those fields. ROADGLIDES ARE SEXY!
ORIGINAL: bay13

ORIGINAL: allen.m

The headlights on you car dont move with the steering wheel either. do you not like that?[8D]

Old 03-02-2007 | 12:03 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member

Hey... is that an "Ansel Allens" photo?

[8D]

Quick Reply: Better looking RoadGlide fairing contest