Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Better looking RoadGlide fairing contest

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007 | 07:58 AM
Daytona Glider
Cruiser
Default RE: Better looking RoadGlide fairing contest

I have an 07 Vivid Black RoadGlide, if you never rode one, you are missing out. This bike is incredible and just tears a$$ down the road. I hear the same thing all the time about how wierd it is to have the fairing mounted to the frame not the handle bars. As far as I know Harley is the only manufacturer who mounts the fairing on the forks. If you ever ride it, you will quickly realize that you don't even notice the difference visually. I regulary ride with Road kings and all variety of E-glides and love watching them hold on for dear life while I am comfortable and relaxed because my steering is not attached to a big airdam. All you E-glide/ Street glide guys can Pile on, but if you ever ride a RG, in your heart you will know what we select few already know . See you in Daytona, starting tomorrow

Old 03-01-2007 | 08:28 AM
BcDog
Tourer

Ahh..... the old I hate the look of the fairing stuff. Get over it folks, it is what it is!! You either like it or you don't. Simple really. As far as the lights not turning with your forks.. Well personally I've never bought that argument.Above parking lot speeds,it's not relevant. Handling over looks all day long. Ride what you like,like what you ride!

Old 03-01-2007 | 08:52 AM
maximus
Cruiser

I thought this thread was goin' to be about the graphics on the fairing. Ya know beauty is in the eye... yada yada....I for one like the shape as much or more than the Batwing, which is sort of snud nosed and can cramp the rider.

If we want to keep it real here, I do have some issues with the paint schemes that the designers in their infinite wisdom and creativity have chosen to provide "standard issue".

Remember: "One man's floor is another's ceiling"

Old 03-01-2007 | 08:57 AM
notlost_nc
Road Master

Original: JBA111
Is there a worst looking fairing than the RoadGlide?
Nope, and I have one of each

Riding ugly Harley's before ugly Harley's were cool !

Old 03-01-2007 | 10:06 AM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master

Think the Road Glide Fairing is ugly? Have you seen the Victory Vision? How about the BMW's? Talk about UGLY!Like you, I think Harley could have done a better job with the graphics, too. But I love the model......guess that's why I'm on my second one.

Old 03-01-2007 | 10:37 AM
ppilotmike
Road Captain

I wouldn't trade my fairing for anything. It looks like its haul'n a## just sittin there. I also love the fact that it is open and roomy when you sit behind it. I have had a bunch of E-glides so I like that look also and some times I have a twing of nostalgia. I do not miss the shitty feel you get from the batwing in a crosswind, or that cramped feel when I sat behind it.

Old 03-01-2007 | 10:42 AM
allen.m
Tourer

The headlights on you car dont move with the steering wheel either. do you not like that?[8D]
ORIGINAL: mason417

People swear by them, But I am not a fan of a fairing that does not move with from forks - I like my lights to follow my turning path

Old 03-01-2007 | 10:53 AM
nightglide
Road Master

this thread took a turn as you would expect, he just wanted to know if someone could come up with a diff looking fairing.

I am one that does not care to much for the look, but LOVES the ride. if they made a change to the looks and kept the feel then great. if not I am still going to stick with the RG

Maybe if they just shortened the nose of it a bit. if you look at the side shot of mine you see it just sticks out to far

Old 03-01-2007 | 11:02 AM
pavermanter
Cruiser

I'm sure it handles better, for all the obvious reasons, however it's definitly loveum hatum kinda thing. What would life be like if we all had tha same ride?[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 03-01-2007 | 12:56 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: mason417

People swear by them, But I am not a fan of a fairing that does not move with from forks - I like my lights to follow my turning path
98% of turning is not done by moving the bars, thus your headlights are in the same place as all models. Only from stop or slow turns are made by turning bars slightly and there is very little loss of light.

Quick Reply: Better looking RoadGlide fairing contest