Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is It Just Me?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 07:22 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Is It Just Me?

I know the main purpose of this forum is to assist other riders with whatever problems their experiencing with their bikes.

Most of us offer first hand, personal experience but some I notice appear to have read other peoples post and relay that info to other posters, give advice from articles they read on the web and use product descriptions from parts they never used or installed themselves.

Yeah, I know I'm being overly critical and the high heat in Jersey has fried my mind some but I personally will not give someone advice on something I never experienced, installed or repaired myself.

I learn something new here everyday and bookmark the posts that may help me in the future but until I actual use that info, I will not comment on it.

What I'm saying is, if you do not have personal experience about the issues / products / parts another poster is inquiring about, do the right thing and don't respond. You may think your helping but you could end up costing the person asking the question more time, money and headaches.

Going to be over a 115 degree heat index day here, so between that and the heat this post should generate, hell will be like a dip in an ice filled indoor swimming pool!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-19-2013, 07:42 AM
Trial dog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

115 degree heat index! You are probably catching cabin fever as I suspect you have been holed up in the air to escape the heat (at least I hope so). Just hang in there, fall will be here soon enough.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:43 AM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Is this a winter thread?? It reminds me of someone's signature out there (if I mess it up, sorry) "this forum is cram packed full of information,liars and idiots". Seems like the truth sometimes with all the crazy smart azz posts that are out there.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:00 AM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Info someone has learned through studying, reading, or talking to others is still valuable as long as they clarify how they learned it. If I tell you about my personal experience you could certainly relay that information to a third person as anecdotal information which could be helpful to him. I have learned lots of things from the insights of observers who may or may not have first-hand knowledge of the matter of which we speak.
I hope the weather cools off soon so we can all spend more time doing what we should be doing...

Old 07-19-2013, 08:23 AM
Def Mute
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

...I know the main purpose of this forum is to assist other riders with whatever problems their experiencing with their bikes...
I'm sorry, but you are misinformed...

The purpose of this site is to earn money. They simply chose a topic which would be likely to draw many people, which increases their ability to earn more. If you think I'm wrong, take up a petition to remove all advertising and see how far you get...

Old 07-19-2013, 08:47 AM
fullautomike
Road Master
Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

I agree with the op, but then how can you get a 15k post count??

Old 07-19-2013, 09:07 AM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 281 Likes on 177 Posts

No offense but by your logic we'll relive WWII again under another **** regime. I think the OP can take all the experienced offered on this forum and decipher what should and shouldn't be used.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:10 AM
Def Mute
Outstanding HDF Member

Many people here that have actually performed the technical applications may not have adequate technical writing skills to describe the procedure properly...

So, according to you, would they be a better source of information than a competent mechanic that can explain pretty much any procedure just by looking at the parts diagram?

Old 07-19-2013, 09:11 AM
BigDave75
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HDV-GLIDE
I know the main purpose of this forum is to assist other riders with whatever problems their experiencing with their bikes.

Most of us offer first hand, personal experience but some I notice appear to have read other peoples post and relay that info to other posters, give advice from articles they read on the web and use product descriptions from parts they never used or installed themselves.

Yeah, I know I'm being overly critical and the high heat in Jersey has fried my mind some but I personally will not give someone advice on something I never experienced, installed or repaired myself.

I learn something new here everyday and bookmark the posts that may help me in the future but until I actual use that info, I will not comment on it.

What I'm saying is, if you do not have personal experience about the issues / products / parts another poster is inquiring about, do the right thing and don't respond. You may think your helping but you could end up costing the person asking the question more time, money and headaches.

Going to be over a 115 degree heat index day here, so between that and the heat this post should generate, hell will be like a dip in an ice filled indoor swimming pool!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard from my cousins, friends, sister that the heat index in Jersey will only be 113 degrees, so you should be fine!

Old 07-19-2013, 09:13 AM
Def Mute
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by CSMHOG
No offense but by your logic we'll relive WWII again under another **** regime. I think the OP can take all the experienced offered on this forum and decipher what should and shouldn't be used.
Whose logic are you referring to? I believe it was the OP who brought the subject up. I was going to ask the OP whose advice cost him. Hoping of course, that it wasn't mine...

Quick Reply: Is It Just Me?