Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

smoked rear brake light cover

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 04:58 PM
PFR-Captain
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default smoked rear brake light cover

I replaced all the turn signal lens covers on my RK with the smoked ones and they look great. Want to do the rear brake but all I see online is a complete LED kit. I really don't want to start cutting wires or replace the entire assembly. Can just the lens cover be replaced with a smoked cover?

Old 07-15-2013, 05:53 PM
VTL nut
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Harley's smoked LED tail light is plug and play, and believe it or not LEDS will show up much better than incandescent through the smoked lenses.
I put smoked Lenses through out, with Harley's tail light, rear fender marker, and custom dynamics red led turn signals, and it is insanely bright even in direct sun light, which was a must.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:55 PM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior
Received 120 Likes on 91 Posts
Old 07-15-2013, 09:13 PM
senna
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

As mentioned above a incandescent bulb in a smoked lens just dose not cut it. I just purchased a very clean LED smoked lens for $100 from Radianz. Saw them at the Hollister bike ralley.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:18 PM
HDogg
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Since we are on the subject...I've got a 2013 SG here in Malaysia and it's the HDI model and it comes with the LED bullet style lights with amber covers and it's the all in one integrated lights.The amber cover really sucks and I really want to replace them with the smoked lens.The problem I noticed is that the stock lense seems to have some kinda partition within and I suppose that is to separate the running/brake lights from the turn signals.My question is,are there any smoked lenses for these?are they even replaceable since it looks sealed and what colors are the LED inside?meaning are the turn lights amber and the run/brake lights red or what?

Old 07-16-2013, 12:36 PM
VTL nut
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HDogg
Since we are on the subject...I've got a 2013 SG here in Malaysia and it's the HDI model and it comes with the LED bullet style lights with amber covers and it's the all in one integrated lights.The amber cover really sucks and I really want to replace them with the smoked lens.The problem I noticed is that the stock lense seems to have some kinda partition within and I suppose that is to separate the running/brake lights from the turn signals.My question is,are there any smoked lenses for these?are they even replaceable since it looks sealed and what colors are the LED inside?meaning are the turn lights amber and the run/brake lights red or what?
Here in the states the DOT requires red in the rear and amber in the front.
Not sure what your lamps look like, but I converted to bullet style front and read, and had no trouble finding smoked lenses through the MoCo and used Custom Dynamics led lamps.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:46 PM
In2It
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To the op yes you can change out thr lens only if thats what you want,get with the after
market retailers.You'll find what your looking for.