Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: I have the harley daylight led head light and
it is great,
52.94%
ok
0%
not worth the money
26.47%
great if you also do the passing lights.
23.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Daylight Harley headlight and passing lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 09:38 PM
tatersalad
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Daylight Harley headlight and passing lights

worth the money? About $1000.00 installed. First mods I have done since 2009 on my SG. Also did the stop and running lights on rear luggage rack and saddle bag racks (which I also purchased). Bike really looks sharp. I now have more light in rear and front. I do not know how it will look in the day time though.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:49 PM
brandss
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree that it is a lot of money, no doubt. To me, worth every penny. It is so hard to explain the difference in the amount of road, side roads, that the lights expose. I made the decision after coming home at night on a parkway and had a close call with the standard headlight and passing lights, damn deer. I started with just the headlight, and after a while added the passing lights. One thing to consider is the Truck Lite. It is cheaper and if I remember correctly most say they are just as bright.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:52 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,609 Likes on 2,727 Posts

The difference between stock and the Daymakers are remarkable. I was shocked how bad my stock Road Glide headlights were, and really amazed at the difference.

The install shouldnt be that difficult. Buy them from a 20% off online dealer and install yourself.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:53 PM
CGLTD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 204 Posts

I would go with truck lite and install it myself. It's on my short list.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:52 PM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
The difference between stock and the Daymakers are remarkable. I was shocked how bad my stock Road Glide headlights were, and really amazed at the difference.

The install shouldnt be that difficult. Buy them from a 20% off online dealer and install yourself.
+1

Worth it. Did the daymaker headlight and road lights about 1-2 weeks ago. Insane difference - during day and night. I paid about $750ish from lakeshore..... No tax and free shipping..... Took about 1 hour to install and adjust all 3...

Old 07-11-2013, 11:29 AM
tatersalad
Cruiser
Talking No remorse

here now! Hey, do they do good in the daytime also? It has been raining here so bad I cannot tell! Right on about the deer, I need side-to side viewing out here in the sticks

Last edited by tatersalad; 07-11-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:32 AM
tatersalad
Cruiser
Wink OEM vs other

Originally Posted by brandss
I agree that it is a lot of money, no doubt. To me, worth every penny. It is so hard to explain the difference in the amount of road, side roads, that the lights expose. I made the decision after coming home at night on a parkway and had a close call with the standard headlight and passing lights, damn deer. I started with just the headlight, and after a while added the passing lights. One thing to consider is the Truck Lite. It is cheaper and if I remember correctly most say they are just as bright.
I agree the truck light is cheaper and probably just as good. I heard the "phase 7" was the ones to get. I am afraid to do anything electrical on my bike, however, so I let hd do it with day breakers.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Elqueso2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tatersalad
I agree the truck light is cheaper and probably just as good. I heard the "phase 7" was the ones to get. I am afraid to do anything electrical on my bike, however, so I let hd do it with day breakers.

Man have we beat this subject to death on sooo many other posts......and with that said:

The Harley LED headlight vs. the Truck-Lite (TL) are pretty close. For the money and my warranty (folded the headlight into my 7 yr warranty) I went with the Harley. I tested both headlights side by side (with my neighbor has the TL headlight on his 2010 SG) and the HD is a better light PERIOD!. Low beam isn't even close. He turned his light on and then I turned mine on. Mine literally washed his light out, I mean, his beam was gone! Also the TL gives off this weird "V" shaped light image that I didn't like. The light is not uniform. High beam is where the TL shines. It was brighter than the HD, but only by 10 - 15%. It did cover a wider range on high than the HD, but how often/how long are you on high beam? Granted there is the money difference, but online HD dealers @ 20% helps. In the canyons the HD really does outshine the TL and that was testing on the same roads and turns. The HD headlight is still the best money spent and would drop those $$$$ again in a heartbeat.

The spots now are a different story. I have seen them both, read all the reviews; although some prefer the TL over the Harley because of the cost, the Harley has almost 2 times the lumens of the TL (280 vs 550 lumens). In a video test for Jeep, they showed the TL lit up and then turned on the Harley (JW Speaker) light and what a difference in lighting. The Harley spot light made the TL disappear. Side by side the TL looked more like a flashlight than a floodlight.

With that said, there is the price. TL sells their lights separately and for the pair I have seen them anywhere from $184 - $240 without tax or shipping. The Harley LED spots buying over the internet (20% off) is about $319, no tax and free shipping. So for another $75 more you get more than double the light output and to stay consistent with the HD LED headlight, sounds like a no-brainer to me. I did see Travis & Bogie’s review and I didn't agree with it, but there are others out there too if you do the research.

Everyone has their opinion and here is my 2 ˝ cents worth… again would buy the HD LED"s again in a heartbeat.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:59 PM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior

Pictures and videos are kind of crap, i think, or at least maybe the ones I take.... but here are 3 pics i just took.

First - no lights (obvious)

Second - only headlight

Third - Headlight and Road lights

these are all headlight low beams...... there is a big difference, especially on the sides with road lights, but these pics just don't do either justice.....

Attached Thumbnails Daylight Harley headlight and passing lights-gopr0009-large-.jpg   Daylight Harley headlight and passing lights-gopr0010-large-.jpg   Daylight Harley headlight and passing lights-gopr0012-large-.jpg  
Old 07-11-2013, 10:22 PM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior

This video isn't too bad - it does a decent job of reflecting the headlight, sort of - but again, much better in person.....
(best part of video is 2min-4min....)

Quick Reply: Daylight Harley headlight and passing lights