Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride-on Tire Sealant vs. Dyna Beads

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Dozer40
Road Warrior
Received 328 Likes on 176 Posts
Default Ride-on Tire Sealant vs. Dyna Beads

Just bought a new front tire for my bagger and went with The Michelin Commander 2 after reading about them on this site. I've also read about the Dyna beads and the Ride-On sealant as well. I would like some pros and cons from those who have used or have experience, good or bad with these products.
Cheers!

Old 07-07-2013, 01:40 PM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

I have used Dyna Beads on two different bikes and different sets of tires. I like them. About the only odd thing is it seems to me when riding on really bumpy bad roads big bumps one after another, the beads get jumbled and the tire is not balanced but as soon as I hit a couple feet of relatively smooth road they are silky smooth again. I plan on Ride On next time just for the sealant feature.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:51 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

I've used Ride On ever since reading the test done on the product in Rider Magazine. I got 17,000 on my last rear tire, a Dunlop E3, with no cupping.

click around on this link for some interesting reading and videos.
http://www.ride-on.com/

Also,

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...e0+PRN20130608

Old 07-07-2013, 02:01 PM
bgdv1
Road Master
Received 223 Likes on 70 Posts

im running dyna beads frt/rr in my agitators and will never go back to stick on weights again.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:24 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Ride-On hands down...It balances and seals punctures while your moving...The military and law enforcement have been using it for years...Plus, when the guy goes to install your next tire, he's not going to have millions of tiny white dots rolling around on his floor....

Old 07-07-2013, 02:43 PM
baust55
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I always wondered if ride on was as effective in a tube tire .

UPDATE ! What I found .

Q: Does Ride-On work in tube and tubeless tires?

A: Ride-On TPS will eliminate 85-95% of your flats in tubeless tires from objects up to 1/4" (1/8” for tube tires) that penetrate the contact area of your tire. Ride-On’s efficiency in tube tires is reduced to 55-65% since puncturing objects often tear the tube. It is impossible for a tire sealant to seal a tear. It is vital to remove the puncturing object immediately from a tire containing a tube to prevent further damage that can result in tearing the tube. Read More »

Q. What area of the tire does Ride-On protect, and what is the effectiveness in sealing punctures?

A: The Ride-On™ TPS Commercial High Speed™ (CHS™) formula (“Ride-On”) is designed to coat the crown of the tire (please see diagram below). The shape of the tire casing and centrifugal force generated by the rotation of a tire forces Ride-On to cover the inside crown area of the tire. Ride-On is not designed to protect the outside 1" to 1.5" of a tire's tread closest to the shoulder areas. The effectiveness in sealing punctures in the crown of the tire is an estimated 85 to 95 percent in tubeless tires. Effectiveness in puncture sealing drops to about 55 to 65 percent in tubed tires, since there are two membranes involved and since tubes have a tendency to tear or rupture when punctured

Last edited by baust55; 07-07-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:55 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by baust55
I always wondered if ride on was as effective in a tube tire .
You can find your answer here.

http://www.ride-on.com/technical.html

Old 07-07-2013, 02:58 PM
kyote
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HDV-GLIDE
Plus, when the guy goes to install your next tire, he's not going to have millions of tiny white dots rolling around on his floor....
I do my own tires and reuse the Dyna Beads.. problem solved

Old 07-07-2013, 04:44 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Im confused, are we talking balancing a tire or a puncture sealing solutions or does the Ride On do both? I rarely get a puncture and if I do I carry a tire plug kit in my hard bag (the modern one with the mushroom rubber plugs).

Old 07-07-2013, 04:58 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by TUCCI
Im confused, are we talking balancing a tire or a puncture sealing solutions or does the Ride On do both? I rarely get a puncture and if I do I carry a tire plug kit in my hard bag (the modern one with the mushroom rubber plugs).
Yes, Ride-On does both, that's why it's probably the best thing to use. I been using it for maybe 1000 miles and so far, no vibrations and when i can find a smooth road in Jersey, the rides smooth as silk....

Quick Reply: Ride-on Tire Sealant vs. Dyna Beads