Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interstate Touring Bikes

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 09:28 AM
mainboom150
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I normally cruise about 75 to 80 on my sg. mostly so I don't leave my wife way behind. but there really is no point going 90+. once you get in the wake of a big rig or get into heavy winds from the side you will see its not worth the speed.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:37 AM
Jarhead2269
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by my67pnycar6
Your saying that my post was negative? It was sarcasm, the answer that you chimed in and gave was already answered in post#2 in more detail than you posted. You mention riding your sporty in your post, you have no touring bike listed in your signature, a 1200 custom with your avatar, cant see your garage. Have you even ridden a touring bike? How are you gonna chime in with an answer and not base it from your experience riding a touring bike? It sounds like you are taking an educated guess or its your opinion and you are riding around on a bike with only 1 mirror that you can use? That dont sound to safe to me, they make these kewl things called mirror extenders. Your post is the first negative one I have seen this whole thread. If you do actually own a touring bike, you should let everyone else know so you dont catch flack for stirring up the touring section on your 39th post.
1. No i was not focusing on your comment alone. If you read the first page of this post then you will see multiple people commenting on his 90+mph comment. Try not to get so but hurt.

2. I used to own a street glide, but some old lady decided it would look better as a hood ornament. So to answer your question, no i don't own one, but yes i have thousands of miles of experience on batwing models and a few hundred on Road glides, only about an hour on a king though.

3. Quite frankly i don't care if i "catch flak" because someone is so ignorant that they get irritated that I'm putting in an opinion with out a touring bike in my garage.

4. The Sporty has only one mirror and that is because the law requires at least one. A quick glance over my shoulder does the job a vibrating mirror could never do.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:54 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by my67pnycar6
90+ all day on the freeway, ... You are the guy I wanna follow, go get my ticket, lmao..

Old 07-07-2013, 10:02 AM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I remember the first time I took this bike past 85 mph, my wife asked if there was something wrong with the bike. She said that it was like all of a sudden the engine stopped because all the vibrations stopped and yet you could still hear the engine. It was in her words "Zen Like!"

Old 07-07-2013, 10:19 AM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by reacher
If you want highway touring for one, I don't think the Sharknose can be beat by anything else Harley offers. I just got back from 1180 miles in two days of riding and it just reinforced how glad I am to have that fixed fairing. If the road is fairly flat and smooth you can set the cruise at 75mph+ (I don't cruise at 90+, can't help you with that),rest your hands on your knees, and that front end will stay planted for miles with no steering input. .
I'm positive the RG is better at this than my road king, but for the record, I do this on freeways all the time here. Set the cruise and drop both arms for 2-5 miles, get a drink of water, take pictures, etc.... A buddy of mine has let ride his road glide, and I'm not overly comfortable with it because I've only riden it for maybe 20 miles, and it's not mine so I'm a little uneasy on it......... But all that aside, I will say that is the smoothest, most comfortable bike I've ever been on.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:35 AM
Bushy
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I cruise at 70 ish,,, never had a issue with fairing... I also have a LRS recurve but thats it

Old 07-07-2013, 11:10 AM
pnwlimited
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Yellotang
I remember the first time I took this bike past 85 mph, my wife asked if there was something wrong with the bike. She said that it was like all of a sudden the engine stopped because all the vibrations stopped and yet you could still hear the engine. It was in her words "Zen Like!"

+1 Parts of Utah are 80 mph with my wife and I and the bike loaded, we ran 90 for 20+ miles and she just purred like a kitten..... oh, and so did the bike..lol