Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide Bars - Again

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 10:47 AM
ponesma
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Road Glide Bars - Again

Does anyone know what the stock bar dimensions are for a RG? The WO bars do look cool, are they all drilled for internal wiring or is that a separate option?

Thanks,

Old 03-01-2007, 11:22 AM
HTRAUD
Road Warrior

Wild1s are great bars. They are all predrilled for internal wiring, except drag bars. Check out their website. You wont be disappointment. I run 515s on my RK.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:40 AM
ponesma
Cruiser

So this might be a dump question but is there a way to "mock" up how the bars would fit on my bike. $200 is a lot of money in my opinion to hope they are confortable. I would like to get an idea of how they will feel before ordering them. It does not sound like they are in the dealers so I cant actually see one.

Thanks,

Old 03-01-2007, 11:56 AM
SubZer0
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats mydilemma as well, I would hate to dump that kind of cash on something I don't like and can't use.

ORIGINAL: ponesma

So this might be a dump question but is there a way to "mock" up how the bars would fit on my bike. $200 is a lot of money in my opinion to hope they are confortable. I would like to get an idea of how they will feel before ordering them. It does not sound like they are in the dealers so I cant actually see one.

Thanks,

Old 03-01-2007, 05:47 PM
ORCUTTHD
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: travelingman

I just added Wild 1's WO 504 to 2007 Road Glide. I am 6'1". They look and feel awsome and work with stock cables. They give a very nice low profile look.
Pictures PLEASE!!!!!

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 03-02-2007, 04:18 AM
HTRAUD
Road Warrior

My dealer had three or four different types in stock. He brought them all out to my bike, had me sit on the bike and held each one in the approximate position they would be while riding. I made the decision that way. It took about 30 minutes.

If you check out their website you can see photos of the bars on your bike to get an idea.

Old 05-21-2007, 08:39 PM
derikj
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm not sure I'm understanding this thread very well.

The Hell's Foundry 1.25" chubby, high polish solid stainless, drilled for internal wiring is too expensive at $189.00, yet you recommend the similar configuration Wild 1 bars varying in price from $205.00-$230.00, linked to here at JP Cycle:http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup...ley&page=1

The Hell's Foundry bar is not a stock replacement bar 1.0", it's a stock configuration, meaning height, width and pull-back. Comparing it to a $50.00 stock handlebar is like calling your bike a Suzuki.The stock configuration allows for the customer to continue to use all stock cables and significantly upgrade thecontrol area by eliminating all wires. Using a taller bar, ie apes or mini-apes will require cable changes adding additional expense. Many Road Glideowners use a Road King bar for a custom look. This adds 8 inches of pull-back and doesn't suit all.

The Hell's Foundry bar: http://secure.netsolhost.com/177731....ode=HandleBars

Chrome plating vs. stainless: Stainless is a material. Chrome plating is a top-coat finish. Stainless will not rust or peel, and if marked can typically be buffed to a highfinish easily.Stainless (depending on grade) typically has a 'warmer' color tone than chrome.