Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid me...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013 | 07:47 AM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dice297
Pulling into the driveway tonight leaning left to spin it around at low speed and leaned too far.....down I go...just like the video on how to lift a bagger....engine guard is dinged up a good bit...saddle bag guard too....and my pride...well we all know how that goes....good thing I watched the video on how to lift a bagger the other day....probably the only good thing about this.....now I feel like a jacka$$...now to shop for a new engine guard....
Mike
Buy a pair of the leather "wraps" put one on each side and cover the damage. That way when you do it again, just peel 'em off and put on another pair. You don't think all these riders that have their engine guards wrapped with leather actually have them on there for looks, do ya?

Old 07-05-2013 | 07:53 AM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by oricko
**** Happens... I forgot to put kickstand down once.
I have never forgot to put my kickstand up/down. I have never slow speed set my bike down. Hold on a second, my nose is growing long, I need to put it back. Wet grass, oil and loose gravel are your best friends, oop's, there it goes again.

Last edited by checkers; 07-05-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old 07-05-2013 | 07:54 AM
JumpJetJock
6th Gear

Glad I'm not the only one.

Old 07-05-2013 | 08:08 AM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member

At least you went ahead and got it out of the way, lmao. Dust yourself off and keep riding man, it happens to all of us. My last bike (1200 sporty) I was riding my new toy in the yard after enjoying a few of my favorite beverages,lol, anyway, when I stopped and put my foot down my flip flop slipped on wet grass, down she went. I picked her up, put the stand down, while I was doing that, it went past center and down it went on the right side, lmao... Got her up and while I was backing her in the garage, she fell into my toolbox on the right side again, DAMN 3 TIMES IN 15 MINUTES (yes I felt like a dumbazz) Moral of the story is, DONT enjoy a few beverages of your choice and ride in wet grass in your flip flops and shorts, try to pick it up ALONE and back it into the garage ALONE while you are 3 sheets to the wind, lmao... All in all, only nicked up brake and clutch levers and a rear turn signal plastic housing popped off, put it right back on. So we all have been there done that. Now with my new big boy bike I NEVER move it while I am drinking, if I do, its to back it 15 feet into its parking spot in the garage with the ole ladys help. It will be alright man, ride on.

Last edited by my67pnycar; 07-05-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-05-2013 | 11:13 AM
omahogg
Cruiser

AHH... nothing like the adrenaline rush of dropping your bike....

Old 07-05-2013 | 11:22 AM
circlenine
Tourer

Originally Posted by my67pnycar6
At least you went ahead and got it out of the way, lmao. Dust yourself off and keep riding man, it happens to all of us. My last bike (1200 sporty) I was riding my new toy in the yard after enjoying a few of my favorite beverages,lol, anyway, when I stopped and put my foot down my flip flop slipped on wet grass, down she went. I picked her up, put the stand down, while I was doing that, it went past center and down it went on the right side, lmao... Got her up and while I was backing her in the garage, she fell into my toolbox on the right side again, DAMN 3 TIMES IN 15 MINUTES (yes I felt like a dumbazz) Moral of the story is, DONT enjoy a few beverages of your choice and ride in wet grass in your flip flops and shorts, try to pick it up ALONE and back it into the garage ALONE while you are 3 sheets to the wind, lmao... All in all, only nicked up brake and clutch levers and a rear turn signal plastic housing popped off, put it right back on. So we all have been there done that. Now with my new big boy bike I NEVER move it while I am drinking, if I do, its to back it 15 feet into its parking spot in the garage with the ole ladys help. It will be alright man, ride on.
And yet, your sig pic has you wearing flip flops and drinking a cold one on the big boy bike. Yes, I do appreciate the irony. Thank you

Old 07-05-2013 | 05:07 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member

welcome , it's a big club

Attached Thumbnails Stupid me...-bo-bo-2.jpg  
Old 07-05-2013 | 05:20 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member

I have no issues asking my wife to help me pick up my bike anymore. At my advanced age it beats hell out of straining something!

Fortunately it always happens at home ( and not too frequently.)

Old 07-05-2013 | 05:30 PM
JY Kelly
Supporter

Originally Posted by oricko
**** Happens... I forgot to put kickstand down once.
Been there, done that.

Old 07-05-2013 | 10:43 PM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by circlenine
And yet, your sig pic has you wearing flip flops and drinking a cold one on the big boy bike. Yes, I do appreciate the irony. Thank you

And it sat right there until the next day

Quick Reply: Stupid me...