Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid me...

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013 | 08:09 AM
ftworthcowboy
Road Captain

Years ago I pulled into a Frozen Custard stand on my Sporty, big crowd there and lots of gals that were looking because of my loud exhaust. Played Joe Cool by removing gloves and helmet while seated on bike, while dismounting found out the hard way I had not put the kickstand down! Picked up bike, put helmet and gloves back on and rode away.

Old 07-04-2013 | 08:09 AM
cass
Road Warrior

welcome to the club, most of us have done it or will do it. now that thats over, dust off your pride and ride

Old 07-04-2013 | 08:16 AM
fireman9170
Road Captain

Like others have said, better to get your pride hurt than your face!!

Old 07-04-2013 | 08:51 AM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Supporter

Since its already banged up a bit, ya might as well tip it over a few more times and practice that butt lift. J/K

Old 07-04-2013 | 08:56 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dice297
Pulling into the driveway tonight leaning left to spin it around at low speed and leaned too far.....down I go...just like the video on how to lift a bagger....engine guard is dinged up a good bit...saddle bag guard too....and my pride...well we all know how that goes....good thing I watched the video on how to lift a bagger the other day....probably the only good thing about this.....now I feel like a jacka$$...now to shop for a new engine guard....
Mike
Did you feel a need to tell us?
Do you feel vindicated/better now that you've told us?

Gotta watch them hogs at slow speed/maneuvers.
They don't like it and it is real easy too loose your balance.

Just an FYI there was a engine guard for sale in the classifieds a while back.
Good Luck!

Old 07-04-2013 | 08:57 AM
Livia329
Cruiser

Welcome to the club! Don't worry about the engine guard, it's there to do a job which it did . Anyone who just buys the guard for extra chrome/bling will one day cry when it actually has to do it's job and get a little scratched up

Old 07-04-2013 | 09:02 AM
Drilln'Boss
Club Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by cdestuck
Since its already banged up a bit, ya might as well tip it over a few more times and practice that butt lift. J/K
I think that's why he did it the first time. He was just dying to do the butt lift.

Old 07-04-2013 | 03:12 PM
scottbess
Advanced

Had it happen to me for the first time this morning. The dreaded 'forgot to put the kickstand down' situation. Got home after a 3 hour ride, backed into my parking place and started to get off. Immediately realized I didn't put the kickstand down and tried to hold it up - or rather tried to keep it from just crashing to the floor. Luckily no one around except the wife. She helped me pick it up and didn't say a word (but the smirk on her face said it all!). Thankfully, not a scratch and nothing hurt but my pride.

Old 07-04-2013 | 04:05 PM
timbo141
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by oricko
**** Happens... I forgot to put kickstand down once.
Yep, did that myself last year, in my brothers garage in Scottsdale. Blame it on the 110 degree heat....

Old 07-05-2013 | 07:25 AM
Rodzilla6
Road Warrior

Hey, don't do that...LOL...we have all been there my Friend! I watched a guy come into a bike rally a couple months ago and literally bounced off the side of a tree and dumped his bike real bad...not sure what was going on there, but he had about 200 on lookers...he was ok and had plenty of help to get it up but not good (he was fine...)...mine almost went on it's side in my driveway, but was saved by my "engine guard" lol...my left leg...Ride safe.

Quick Reply: Stupid me...