Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those who've had MCC mod their seat:

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 05:17 PM
TexFF
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Those who've had MCC mod their seat:

I'm supposed to ship my seat to them Friday & they are closed till Monday so I thought I'd ask y'all. Do I have to pay shipping to them AND back to me? Last seat I shipped was $30 so if I do have to pay both ways that adds $60 to the seat mod, which now makes it a bit too much just to have my stock seat re-worked. Thanks.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Dark Knight
Road Captain
Received 147 Likes on 37 Posts

Yes, you pat for shipping both ways.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:32 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

$30.00 is a deal breaker for you. Have you priced new seats lately?

Old 07-03-2013, 05:43 PM
capt_caveman
Road Captain

Don't want to pay shipping? Do what I did. Take a trip and stop by for a scheduled appointment. They worked on my seat while I waited then i was on my way. I'm very happy with the seat also.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:55 PM
2012 Tequila SG
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They did my seat last year and I had to pay shipping. They are very busy and were booked out 8 weeks when I sent my seat for a April 10th appointment. The other seats that are available will cost you way more money and if you don't like it you have to try and sell that seat. With MCC they make the seat right or will make it right!! I have never ran into anyone yet that didn't love the job they did on there seat. Mine was so crappy from the factory that 30 minutes into a ride my butt was burning and numbness in my right leg. After the job MCC did no more butt burn or numbness and I can ride all day!! It gets better as it breaks in too!! Don't let the shipping kill the deal...they truly work magic with those crap stock seats

Old 07-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member

Yep. Both ways. You will get a phone call to settle the bill when it is finished and ready to ship back.

Worth it to me. Sent my Ultra seat in a few months ago. Going to set up an appointment for my Street Glide seat soon.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:02 PM
TexFF
Road Master

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
$30.00 is a deal breaker for you. Have you priced new seats lately?
$30 isn't a deal breaker but $170 + shipping supplies for a seat I already own kind of is.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by TexFF
$30 isn't a deal breaker but $170 + shipping supplies for a seat I already own kind of is.
You can always not send it in, but I believe you lose your deposit.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:13 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 72,235 Likes on 21,821 Posts

That's what I paid too.
The Double Decker for just the rider and then $30 each way for shipping.
I wasn't real impressed with it, and sold it.

The guy that I sold it too had used them before and said that I didn't get a good job. He said he was going to send it back to them and try to get it re-done. Don't know if he did or not, never heard.

Never the less the owner Alan is a stand up individual and I'm sure would've made it right, but again you'd be lookin' at shipping or another $60.

My advice to you is if you're serious about having them do it, then preferably if possible catch them at a rally, have them mod your seat there, ride around with it for a day or so and then if unhappy have them fix it then and there.
That would be the best way to do it. IMHO.

Outside of that, go to your dealer and try out a few demo seats.
Then you'd have an idea of what you want.
Good luck!!

Old 07-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm supposed to ship my seat to them Friday & they are closed till Monday so I thought I'd ask y'all. Do I have to pay shipping to them AND back to me? Last seat I shipped was $30 so if I do have to pay both ways that adds $60 to the seat mod, which now makes it a bit too much just to have my stock seat re-worked. Thanks.
You probably don't own a small business, or work for a larger one with budget responsibilities. Rest assured, avoiding the $30 shipping cost for MCC is a very big part of what allows them to stay in business--and make a living at it.

If you don't want to pay the shipping don't and go shop for another seat--pretty simple.

Carl

Carl

Quick Reply: Those who've had MCC mod their seat: