Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those who've had MCC mod their seat:

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 11:33 AM
Camaro
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got my seat back from them - its PERFECT now! You'll quickly forget about the shipping costs once you sit on your modified seat!

Old 07-14-2013, 11:50 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

i wonder how the op made out on this. did he forfeit his non refundable deposit so he wouldn't have to pay shipping? did he make it a roadtrip? or did he just suck it up and ship the damn thing?

you'd think he would have thought about that when he scheduled the appt. the first go round.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:11 PM
pjciii
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i just purchased a new sundowner that someone didnt like on ebay for 125.00 (less than half of new), had them ship to MCC. when seat was worked then i paid for shipping to my house plus the mod. sold the hammock seat for 225.00. i have been very happy and only out about 100 bucks or so.
patrick

Old 07-14-2013, 03:08 PM
12hdrk
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I wouldn't send a stock Harley seat anywhere but the trash. Crappy plastic base pan. Cheap sponge foam. Budget vinyl covering. Pick up a good aftermarket seat and be done with it. Mustang. LePera. Corbin.. Many others that are actually quality made from the start. I spent 700+ for my LePera and wouldn't hesitate to invest in an MCC rework if it needed some work. At least it has a quality steel base pan and well constructed with quality foam and covering to start. JMHO.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:39 PM
TexFF
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skratch
i wonder how the op made out on this. did he forfeit his non refundable deposit so he wouldn't have to pay shipping? did he make it a roadtrip? or did he just suck it up and ship the damn thing?

you'd think he would have thought about that when he scheduled the appt. the first go round.
I ended up shipping it on the 5th & still waiting to get it back! I knew the $25 deposit was non refundable. So. Ended up costing me $156 total. It's not that I was being cheap but I was trying to make sure I wasn't throwing MORE good money @ bad. Like 12hdrk said, I didn't want to invest $150-$175 in a cheap *** stock seat then decide I really needed an aftermarket one after all! It should be here tomorrow, was supposed to be here Friday(wasted another weekend!). I'll let y'all know if it's all it's cracked up to be. Have a feeling it'll still feel cheap but we shall see.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:24 PM
Hrd Rider
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I called MCC, talked to Lorrie, I wanted to ride down and watch Alan work on my seat. Point being you can't just drop in and say modify my seat, you have to schedule a date the same as if you ship it to them. Lorrie said their drop in's were booked at least two weeks in advance. I then just sent the seat in to be worked on July 10th, got it back two days later. MCC has done three seats for me. They are a class act and great people to do business with.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:55 PM
baust55
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Remember to break it in 500 to a 1000 miles before you decide how you like it.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:12 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Suggestion: If I'm MCC, I send the seat back to this guy and refund fully whatever he paid.

If you have ever worked in retail, there are some customers you simply don't want. Let the guy shop for an aftermarket seat that meets his needs rather than beat yourself up on a forum with his profanity, etc.

Why take yourself away from doing what you do well trying to please this guy who has a manifestly bad customer attitude?

Carl

Old 07-15-2013, 03:16 AM
Big L
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 162 Likes on 129 Posts

Don't want to sound like a noob but. Web site? Or is MCC a sponsor?

Old 07-15-2013, 10:16 AM
TexFF
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Suggestion: If I'm MCC, I send the seat back to this guy and refund fully whatever he paid.

If you have ever worked in retail, there are some customers you simply don't want. Let the guy shop for an aftermarket seat that meets his needs rather than beat yourself up on a forum with his profanity, etc.

Why take yourself away from doing what you do well trying to please this guy who has a manifestly bad customer attitude?

Carl
Are you referring to me? If so, your post makes no sense pertaining to this thread.

Quick Reply: Those who've had MCC mod their seat: