Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those who've had MCC mod their seat:

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 06:37 PM
baust55
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I shipped Mine to them parcel post with insurance for $18.00 they charged me $15 two day fedX to ship back the total bill including shipping both ways was just under $150 .
I had them narrow and lower the seat and add memory foam .
This is SUPER THRIFTY Deal compared to buying a new low seat even if it had been a hundred dollars more it still would have been a great deal.

This was two years ago. They did a great job . I have put at least 15,000 miles on since then .

Last edited by baust55; 07-03-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:46 PM
iceman5218
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try finding any aftermarket seat for less than $210.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:57 PM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

i had my seat sent out to russell day long in california. i think all total for me was about 110 dollars. didn't have to pay for the return....well, probably did in the work up. in the middle of the break in period....so far, so good for me. although, it is a bit expensive. but if it works out it will be worth it for me.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:05 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TexFF
$30 isn't a deal breaker but $170 + shipping supplies for a seat I already own kind of is.
Then don't do it. You cant count the $170.00 that's services rendered, and shipping is just a part of life, so yes you are haggling over the 30.00 return shipping, which you base on a previous shipment, UPS wont be that much standard ground. Its purely coincidence that I replied to you in another thread but you were pinching pennies over there too. Don't do it, go buy yourself a new Mustang seat, I'm pretty sure you only pay shipping one way, that should offset the cost of the seat.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:25 PM
frozensoul
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't let 30 bucks stop me, heck last year I sold a seat and cost me 23 dollars and this year I sold 2 extra seats I had for a flhx and they cost 30 each to ship. everythings went up a bit im sure but for the shipping they charge they are just covering the ship. they aint making nothing from it, ive used them twice and have been very pleased both times.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:31 PM
tidbit1
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm supposed to ship my seat to them Friday & they are closed till Monday so I thought I'd ask y'all. Do I have to pay shipping to them AND back to me? Last seat I shipped was $30 so if I do have to pay both ways that adds $60 to the seat mod, which now makes it a bit too much just to have my stock seat re-worked. Thanks.
Yep both ways. I wasn't happy with the work they did to mine but didn't want to spend the two way money again so i just took it like it was but not what i wanted. Most here have had good luck so i haven't complained.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:36 PM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,020 Likes on 11,609 Posts

Save your $30 and plan a good road trip / ride
and deliver it to Allen at the crack of dawn Monday morning.....

Ride the area for a day once it's finished, then drop back
in and have any finishing touches done before riding back home.

times ah' wasting, better hurry and make plans.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:37 PM
TexFF
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
Then don't do it. You cant count the $170.00 that's services rendered, and shipping is just a part of life, so yes you are haggling over the 30.00 return shipping, which you base on a previous shipment, UPS wont be that much standard ground. Its purely coincidence that I replied to you in another thread but you were pinching pennies over there too. Don't do it, go buy yourself a new Mustang seat, I'm pretty sure you only pay shipping one way, that should offset the cost of the seat.
If your talking about the $44 grips versus $90 grips, that's hardly pinching pennies. And as YOUR signature says, I'm trying to learn from others to save me money!!!!!

Old 07-03-2013, 07:38 PM
schlacker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm supposed to ship my seat to them Friday & they are closed till Monday so I thought I'd ask y'all. Do I have to pay shipping to them AND back to me? Last seat I shipped was $30 so if I do have to pay both ways that adds $60 to the seat mod, which now makes it a bit too much just to have my stock seat re-worked. Thanks.
You do realize that when you set up your appt. for the seat mod, that you gave them an non-refundable deposit?

Old 07-03-2013, 07:46 PM
springer 03
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shipping costs are the cost of doing business. Either you pay the freight or the cost is built into the service rendered. I went to the local foam shop and bought $3 worth of firm 1 inch foam and then to Harbor Freight to buy a pneumatic stapler and some staples. ($20+ staples). I removed the original covers staples and then the cover. Then I said HOLY CHit!. Actually I had bought a alligator cover on e-bay and after sticking the new foam under the original passenger foam I placed it in the sun and stretched it and stapled it. It looks awesome and the wife actually said it isn't too bad for a streetglide seat. Final cost was less than 110 dollars and I get to keep the pneumatic stapler.

Quick Reply: Those who've had MCC mod their seat: