Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I should have not have sat on a FLTRX!!! Sundowner like the stock seat?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013 | 06:52 PM
CSS_FXD
|
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I should have not have sat on a FLTRX!!! Sundowner like the stock seat?

So go to my local dealer today for new windshield bolts for my Street Glide and see right as you walk in astunning Candy Orange Road Glide custom. Wow is she. Pretty. Now the road glides to me have never been too sexy but lately they have grown on me. Then i sit on her. Holy crap I could have rode her home but $22k I think the wifey would not be pleased. Anyway the stock seat rocked compared to my stock SG seat on my 06. Sales guy said get a Sundowner for my 06 for similar feel. Looked at Sundowner pics and yeah makes sense. So is there any truth to that? Any guys had a sundowner on their older bikes that now have the new style stock seat? Side not I'm seriously thinking next summer ill be on a RG!! I'm 6'4 250 easy time to go big.

Old 07-01-2013 | 07:13 PM
dynacop25
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

better start looking for that road glide now they are going away for 2014

Old 07-01-2013 | 08:58 PM
bigcletus
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a Sundowner on my 07 RG...a great seat, with the back rest my old bad back is pretty stable and comfortable on ling trips. Are there better seats? I'm sure there are, but the Sundowner is a pretty good bang for the buck.

Old 07-01-2013 | 08:59 PM
scj
Road Warrior
Received 112 Likes on 76 Posts

I had a sundowner on my '08 SG and it was more dished/bucket feeling than my Road Glide seat along with being wider. The passenger section is totally different between the two as well.

Old 07-02-2013 | 12:18 AM
CSS_FXD
|
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

SJC

Bad *** bike man same one I sat on and loved. Would you still recommended a sundowner? Thanks for the reply.

Old 07-02-2013 | 05:37 AM
bg1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had two Sundowners on past bikes. They were very comfortable for both me and my passenger. That being said, the stock RGC seat is very comfortable for me and my wife is happy with it also even though the passenger section is narrower.

Old 07-02-2013 | 06:49 AM
springer 03
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BLAH BLAH BLAH WHO REALLY CARES. I can't believe I actually read this.

Old 07-02-2013 | 07:10 AM
scj
Road Warrior
Received 112 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by CSS_FXD
SJC

Bad *** bike man same one I sat on and loved. Would you still recommended a sundowner? Thanks for the reply.
Thanks!
Yes, we had no problem with the comfort of the Sundowner.
My wife has had multiple back surgeries due to an injury and her comfort is priority if she's going to ride. She cannot make it ten miles on the stock seat.
I have a Hammock for this bike I switch between when she's riding along. She likes the comfort of the Hammock a little more-so over the Sundowner but she liked the setting position of the Sundowner better. The Sundowner sat her just high enough to see over me but the Hammock has her head directly in line with mine.

Old 07-02-2013 | 07:33 AM
josame
Road Master
Received 337 Likes on 178 Posts

I have the Sundowner on my 11 RKC and I like it, and my wife loves it. It is a lot wider for the passenger. I was fine with the stock seat but the wife would complain while we were on long rides. I just put on some Heritage style bars on and am anxious to take a long trip to see how I like this setup.

Old 07-02-2013 | 08:37 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by CSS_FXD
..... the road glides to me have never been too sexy but lately they have grown on me.
.......... happens to most everyone sooner or later

Quick Reply: I should have not have sat on a FLTRX!!! Sundowner like the stock seat?