Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn a Classic into a classic

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 10:45 PM
maddoggreene
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody mounted a Corbin Classic Solo with the HD quick detach luggage rack? Looks like it will fit just wondering if someone had some pics? Talking about mounting on a 2009 RKC btw. TIA!

Last edited by maddoggreene; 12-16-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Fringe is Old School...and we need more on our Classics!

Name:  Bike083.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  136.2 KB

Old 12-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 93 Likes on 40 Posts

Awesome bikes everyone! I'm going to get the round air filter cover and solo seat for mine too, hopefully it will look a little more classic

Old 12-18-2009, 06:27 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadkingDxb
I love this thread, some truly stunning rides. I posted a few pics of mine earlier but before the mods done over the summer so here are a few new ones.

Any ideas about the bags? Old lady doesn't like hard-bags but I love the extended look. Not sure if leather extended would look right though. Any thoughts?
IMHO, those leather bags don't do your custom paint justice. A set of color coordinated hard bags would look much better.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:35 AM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot
Does anyone know where I can find the light for the top of a front fender on a Road King Classic.
Thanks
Rod
I know that J&P sells them.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

I believe that the last factory bikes to have them were Springer Classic's which were discontinued about 3-4 years ago. You might check with your dealer about ordering one direct from HD-I'm sure they still have them in their catalogs. Otherwise, there are a few of them selling on Ebay. They're reproductions and quality is hard to judge from the pictures.

Your best bet will be to find one that fits either a HD Springer Heritage or HD Springer Classic.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:59 PM
Hot
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for suggestions on trying to find a front fender light for my Road King. I found a version of the light and ordered it from Axiom Cycles on the West Coast. It is supposed to be an improved version of HD's old front fender light. I will have to wait and see how it turns out. I find it interesting, per the Harley dealer, that the light has been discontinued but still shows up on some parts catalogs. J & B Parts has a light similar but with either an eagle or indianhead on it. I'll let you know what $15.95 gets. Thanks again.
Rod

Old 12-21-2009, 12:59 AM
Razorback
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If it doesnt work out just ask your dealer for a Heritage Springer fender light, Whiskers gave me the part number but I dont have it at the moment.Youe dealer should have it, I just put mine on a few months ago. About $50. Check post 523 of this thread.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9...D550/ry%3D400/

Last edited by Razorback; 12-21-2009 at 01:37 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:02 AM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiskers
I believe that the last factory bikes to have them were Springer Classic's which were discontinued about 3-4 years ago. You might check with your dealer about ordering one direct from HD-I'm sure they still have them in their catalogs. Otherwise, there are a few of them selling on Ebay. They're reproductions and quality is hard to judge from the pictures.

Your best bet will be to find one that fits either a HD Springer Heritage or HD Springer Classic.
Keep in mind that you will have to drill your fender. I had a difficult time on mine. Friend told me to do it by eye. I measured and it wound up not being centered. Had to drill 2 more holes. Your fender gets permenently modified. I did use the Springer Heritage light. You can route the wire through the same whole (pop out plastic cover) where road king standard fender tip light wire goes. There is a connector inside the nacelle to use. I had to buy a connector from the dealer also. They won't ask you if you need one. Don't forget rubber grommets for the wire holes. This is a bigger job than it looks.

Old 12-24-2009, 12:00 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've found that some people with older classic bikes wish they had a newer bike and those with newer classic ones are making them look more like older classic bikes. We aren't ever going to be happy.

Quick Reply: Turn a Classic into a classic