Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn a Classic into a classic

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by loondog
I put 11,000 miles on them this summer and they hardly dulled and its time to get new tires.
I guess there's always a time for something new. Out of hundreds of discussions about keeping WWW's white, yours' is the first I've ever seen about them being "too white"!

By the way, you've got a great looking bike...and welcome to the forum.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:10 AM
RK Ivan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mine

Here is mine, I have not finished yet. She started as a 2002, color was Luxury Rich Red. I re-painted the orange has metal flake with tones of green and yellow in the sunlight.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:47 AM
loondog
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiskers
I guess there's always a time for something new. Out of hundreds of discussions about keeping WWW's white, yours' is the first I've ever seen about them being "too white"!

By the way, you've got a great looking bike...and welcome to the forum.
Thanks. I know it sounds crazy but my tank is off white and if I could get the WWW to that color it would make the bike look so much better. If anyone has any ideas please.

Attached Thumbnails  Turn a Classic into a classic-picture-421.jpg    Turn a Classic into a classic-picture-422.jpg    Turn a Classic into a classic-picture-475.jpg  
Old 01-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Would new paint on the tank be a consideration? I've seen lots of bikes (Deluxe's mostly) that were Black & White w/white wall tires....they look pretty sharp with the contrast between dark and light. I found a great painter who added the white on my fenders, side panel for $1,000 last year.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:03 PM
loondog
5th Gear

No. The thing that makes the bike different and classic is the off white. I get a lot of complements on the color of the white.

Last edited by loondog; 01-11-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:55 PM
oinker02
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If my sig pic works, here is my idea of a "classic'.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:31 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by loondog
Thanks. I know it sounds crazy but my tank is off white and if I could get the WWW to that color it would make the bike look so much better. If anyone has any ideas please.
Funny you should say that...it drives me nuts on my bike as well. The contrast between my white walls and the antique white is pretty severe. Kinda looking forward to my white walls yellowing a bit!

Old 01-12-2009, 07:30 AM
loondog
5th Gear

Originally Posted by monstead
Funny you should say that...it drives me nuts on my bike as well. The contrast between my white walls and the antique white is pretty severe. Kinda looking forward to my white walls yellowing a bit!
If you have any ideas on how to yellow them up I would be thankful. I was hoping the same and they did a little but now its time for new tires.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:53 AM
Arfur
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool Here's what I did - does it count?

We don't get too much sun over here in Manchester England, so I want to reflect the rays as much as possible when the sun does come out - so plenty of shiny chrome has been attached!

More pics at https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...ake-garda.html

Attached Thumbnails  Turn a Classic into a classic-rk-089.jpg    Turn a Classic into a classic-rk-097.jpg  
Old 01-12-2009, 02:53 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Well, I finally got it. I picked up my 2009 RKC in turquoise and white. Now it's time ti start tricking it out. I am definitely going to go with the retro look.

Quick Reply: Turn a Classic into a classic