Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn a Classic into a classic

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Scarz
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

really enjoy seeing what others have done to their RKCs. Gives more ideas.

Last edited by Scarz; 02-01-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Dean454
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DanDil
Dean I like the rail around the back of the seat. Where did that come from?

The chrome seat halo is not a harley piece but a custom made part I got it off ebay from a seller named robertgold8021 from Wisconsion. I looked up my reciept for the name but he does not seem to be selling them any more... maybe a seasonal thing I don't know. I believe he maybe a forum member as well.

I get alot of comment on that seat halo, nobody around here seems to have anything like it on a modern "classic" really adds to the retro look.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:17 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone try putting the old Pan Head era trumpet on the RK? I saw a pic of a guys '89 Softail with it, looked pretty cool. If it fits on an Evo motor, sure it would fit TC.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:28 PM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by El Rey
Anyone try putting the old Pan Head era trumpet on the RK? I saw a pic of a guys '89 Softail with it, looked pretty cool. If it fits on an Evo motor, sure it would fit TC.
I did one on a Deluxe I had. It was from an Evo. I made it to fit but it sounded like a sick duck. I am planning on trying it on my RK.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean454
The chrome seat halo is not a harley piece but a custom made part I got it off ebay from a seller named robertgold8021 from Wisconsion. I looked up my reciept for the name but he does not seem to be selling them any more... maybe a seasonal thing I don't know. I believe he maybe a forum member as well.

I get alot of comment on that seat halo, nobody around here seems to have anything like it on a modern "classic" really adds to the retro look.
I've had this web site address saved on my favorites list for some time; I haven't decided whether to order one yet. It looks like a nice seat rail but I don't know much else about the guy who makes them. Anyone know anything about it?

http://www.bubbasbrake.com/xcart/pro...7&cat=0&page=1

BTW, I'm looking to sell the solo seat on my sig picture. PM if interested.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Klinger
Cruiser
Default mchilree's rear end

Originally Posted by mchildree
I'm about to work on cleaning up my rear-end (...the BIKE'S rear-end, that is...). What solutions have you guys found for relocating the license plate, or at least doing away with the billboard-type look? I've seen a Kuryakyn frame that hangs under the light bar, and it it would also require a different tailight lense with the clear panel underneath. Anyone done it differently?

I went the other way. My earlier model RKC had a billboard sized mount for licence plate under the tail light which was pig ugly - although it had its own light for licence plate. THis set-up left the plate on the back of the luggage rack looking bare & also really ugly. Step one was to remove the horrible big mounting plate and light and replace the tail light lens with the universal one with clear lens in the top. Step 2 relocate the licence plate to luggage rack. From ther it is a really easy job to strip the bike down for around town by removing the luggage rack & mounting a HD layback mount. Also added fender trim and rail to finish it off. Hope the pics post OK.

Attached Thumbnails  Turn a Classic into a classic-rear-end-before.jpg    Turn a Classic into a classic-rear-end-after.jpg    Turn a Classic into a classic-rear-end-final.jpg  
Old 01-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Klinger
Cruiser

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
nice bikes. Looks like we lost a few pic's in the change-over.
Yep ... This is a fantastic thread, but I'm completely frustrated by only seeing text in a lot of posts where there should be photos. Can anyone help me to view these?

Also posted a reply recently on what I did with my rear end, but here's a couple of pics of the rest of the bike. Need a nostalgic horn, not sure about white walls with the rest of the bike colour, a single seat is a must when finances permit, but spent a bit of money on performance.

I am really enjoying picking up lots of tips here!

Attached Thumbnails  Turn a Classic into a classic-100_1706-edit-1.jpg    Turn a Classic into a classic-100_1707-edit-1.jpg    Turn a Classic into a classic-100_1708-edit-1.jpg  
Old 01-04-2009, 10:28 PM
Dean454
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Whiskers
I've had this web site address saved on my favorites list for some time; I haven't decided whether to order one yet. It looks like a nice seat rail but I don't know much else about the guy who makes them. Anyone know anything about it?

http://www.bubbasbrake.com/xcart/pro...7&cat=0&page=1

BTW, I'm looking to sell the solo seat on my sig picture. PM if interested.
Thank you, Whiskers you may have just solved a problem for the solo seat of my friends '08 RKC, that seat and halo looks very interesting for his bike and maybe I will get him be the guinea pig for me. lol

Old 01-05-2009, 12:23 PM
EriCal
Cruiser

This is my treasured 95 RK. Clik on the thumb to see it.

Eric

Attached Thumbnails  Turn a Classic into a classic-eric.jpg  
Old 01-05-2009, 04:57 PM
RickDeVon
Banned

Well I just read all 23 pages and now I don't know if I can trade my 06 classic in May for an 09 Glide or Ultra. You guys make me love my Motor all over again.

Attached Thumbnails  Turn a Classic into a classic-12038727764123.jpg    Turn a Classic into a classic-12044247007772.jpg    Turn a Classic into a classic-12038727748722.jpg    Turn a Classic into a classic-12298973707750.jpg  

Quick Reply: Turn a Classic into a classic