Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn a Classic into a classic

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 07:31 PM
jpit11
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by urbancamo
Maybe classic, maybe more lowriderish but my 2013 RKC i'm getting going on.

Yup. That about cinches it. Gonna need to get some hard saddlebags. REAL nice lookin bike.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:37 AM
bpav16
Road Master
Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

Maybe classic, maybe more lowriderish but my 2013 RKC i'm getting going on.

Urbancamo, are they the samsom straight pipes...and how loud are they also, any tuning issuse? I just am i am in love with the look

Old 12-29-2012, 08:49 AM
urbancamo
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are the new style with removal baffles with the baffles in for power and gas mileage, but still have alot of sound to them. I just traded in a deluxe (88 ci) with them and if i hadn't got the removable baffle pipes i would have been in a mess. I told the dealer to leave the baffles out and it ran like crap, even with baffles in it ran bad from 30-40mph, w/o baffles i would have had to buy a SERT and dyno time or they would have been discolored. But long story short no baffles sound metallic and loud, with baffles is still loud but a loud growl.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:44 PM
Codeman234
Novice

How do you post a pic? Just put burly chubby beach bars on my RKC, like to share....

Old 12-29-2012, 12:52 PM
bpav16
Road Master

They are the new style with removal baffles with the baffles in for power and gas mileage, but still have alot of sound to them. I just traded in a deluxe (88 ci) with them and if i hadn't got the removable baffle pipes i would have been in a mess. I told the dealer to leave the baffles out and it ran like crap, even with baffles in it ran bad from 30-40mph, w/o baffles i would have had to buy a SERT and dyno time or they would have been discolored. But long story short no baffles sound metallic and loud, with baffles is still loud but a loud growl.
Thanks for the info on the pipes brother....respects

Old 01-01-2013, 12:29 PM
JohnyThaitex
Intermediate
Default Keeping it Simple .... Road King 2009

I really think this Bike is perfect for riding Thailand's Roads.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Old 01-02-2013, 10:51 PM
fuseliernj
Intermediate

I read every...stinking...page. This thread is going to drain the college fund.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:00 PM
bpav16
Road Master

Originally Posted by OldBoldPilot
Although I really don't belong in this thread, our friend Whiskers has asked me to post a few pictures of my version of a classic, with particular focus on the bags. They're custom-made by Osprey; I specified the exact conchos I wanted, their placement, the fringe and its length, the color of the piping around the lid, the placement of the studs, and the Springer-look of the bag cover. The inside of the bags are reinforced, as is the lid. The price: $650 plus shipping, which includes a set of EasyBrackets. I'd be happy to answer any questions. The bike is an '06 FLSTCI I've had since new, and it had its 35,000 mile service last week. The bars are Chubby 0518s. Also, since this was taken I've replaced the Lindby bar (an impulse buy) with the nostalgic classic engine guard. Here you go:

I just read your post....I am now talking to osprey for my road king...it seems they now can accomodate the back panel to go around the shock...I hope I can use the springer type bag...otherwise, I will stay with what I have

Last edited by bpav16; 07-13-2013 at 07:57 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:38 PM
bmorebhoy
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

GREAT looking bike, Old Bolt. Whiskers is never wrong.
Now where did you get the seat rail done? I've never seen one working with a passenger seat.

Originally Posted by OldBoldPilot
Although I really don't belong in this thread, our friend Whiskers has asked me to post a few pictures of my version of a classic, with particular focus on the bags. They're custom-made by Osprey; I specified the exact conchos I wanted, their placement, the fringe and its length, the color of the piping around the lid, the placement of the studs, and the Springer-look of the bag cover. The inside of the bags are reinforced, as is the lid. The price: $650 plus shipping, which includes a set of EasyBrackets. I'd be happy to answer any questions. The bike is an '06 FLSTCI I've had since new, and it had its 35,000 mile service last week. The bars are Chubby 0518s. Also, since this was taken I've replaced the Lindby bar (an impulse buy) with the nostalgic classic engine guard. Here you go:

Attached Thumbnails  Turn a Classic into a classic-photo2-4.jpg    Turn a Classic into a classic-photo1-1.jpg  
Old 01-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Man...!! I can't pop into this thread without finding ways to spend more money!! Nice to see that so many RK Classics have a popular following. Take care, friends.

Quick Reply: Turn a Classic into a classic