Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn a Classic into a classic

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 08:01 PM
97HeritageSpringer
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome thread! I will using this for reference in the future. I am going to be buying an Evo Road King in the near future to go along side my Heritage Springer, and I want the old Duo Glide look. The bike below is not mine, but it one I found when looking for Evo Road Kings.

Attached Thumbnails  Turn a Classic into a classic-harley-road-king-evo.jpg    Turn a Classic into a classic-harley-road-king-2.jpg    Turn a Classic into a classic-harley-road-king-evo-2.jpg    Turn a Classic into a classic-harley-road-king.jpg  
Old 01-02-2012, 08:03 PM
TurkeyRun
Road Warrior

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 97HeritageSpringer
Awesome thread! I will using this for reference in the future. I am going to be buying an Evo Road King in the near future to go along side my Heritage Springer, and I want the old Duo Glide look. The bike below is not mine, but it one I found when looking for Evo Road Kings.
I remember seeing that bike... think it was for sale not too long ago.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 56 Posts
Talking

Great taste!

Old 01-05-2012, 04:59 AM
bpav16
Road Master
Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

I love everything about that bike

Old 01-05-2012, 08:37 PM
97HeritageSpringer
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sleeko
Great taste!

Thanks! My brother has a '02 RKC, and I have fallen for them. I want with a EVO just because I know and love them, not really that I have anything against the TC's. I am definitely a carb guy though, so even if I end up with a newer TC bike, it will have to be a carbed. I am visioning a black bike with white two tone paint (either '57-58, '60, or '65 EG schemes- I can't decide) I want a RKC with wires and WW's with hard bags, fishtails, and a solo seat with a hand rail.

Below is a pic of my brother's King. He has changed the Boom Cans that came on it when bought it since this pic was taken. He also has a Sundowner solo seat that he runs when he and wife aren't riding 2-up. I've just about got him talked into fish tails and this thread has helped! -lol

Attached Thumbnails  Turn a Classic into a classic-img00754-20110810-1200.jpg    Turn a Classic into a classic-riding-pics.jpg  

Last edited by 97HeritageSpringer; 01-05-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 56 Posts
Talking

Thanks! My brother has a '02 RKC, and I have fallen for them. I want with a EVO just because I know and love them, not really that I have anything against the TC's. I am definitely a carb guy though, so even if I end up with a newer TC bike, it will have to be a carbed. I am visioning a black bike with white two tone paint (either '57-58, '60, or '65 EG schemes- I can't decide) I want a RKC with wires and WW's with hard bags, fishtails, and a solo seat with a hand rail.

Below is a pic of my brother's King. He has changed the Boom Cans that came on it when bought it since this pic was taken. He also has a Sundowner solo seat that he runs when he and wife aren't riding 2-up. I've just about got him talked into fish tails and this thread has helped! -lol
Funny, that looks an awful lot like a new RKC I'm looking at. Black and or white are usually my top pics. If you get a chance check out my pics. I used to have a black and white Impala. Those colors are in my blood I guess. Lol.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:42 PM
The Prophet
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Fender Light install

Hello everyone. I'm new to the Forum, and hope you guys can help me out here.

I bought a new 2011 Road King Classic last year. Fantastic bike. I really dig the "retro" or old school look as seen on the many great bikes shown in this thread. Thus far, I've bought and installed the front and rear fender "V logo" chrome rails.

I also just bought the Rail and Stanchion kit for the front fender, and finally, the Front Fender Light DOM, as offered on the Heritage Springers in '97 and so on.

Here's the question: Is there an easy way to wire up the light? Is there already a place to "plug in"? Is there an "Installation Kit" that I should get?

I would like to wire it up so that anytime the Headlights are on, the Fender Light is on.

Thanks for the advice and help, etc., this is a great Forum.

Bob

Here's a few pics of the Light.

Attached Thumbnails  Turn a Classic into a classic-motorcycle_lamp_light_008-1-.jpg    Turn a Classic into a classic-motorcycle_lamp_light_002-1-.jpg  
Old 02-02-2012, 08:05 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by The Prophet
Hello everyone. I'm new to the Forum, and hope you guys can help me out here.

I bought a new 2011 Road King Classic last year. Fantastic bike. I really dig the "retro" or old school look as seen on the many great bikes shown in this thread. Thus far, I've bought and installed the front and rear fender "V logo" chrome rails.

I also just bought the Rail and Stanchion kit for the front fender, and finally, the Front Fender Light DOM, as offered on the Heritage Springers in '97 and so on.

Here's the question: Is there an easy way to wire up the light? Is there already a place to "plug in"? Is there an "Installation Kit" that I should get?

I would like to wire it up so that anytime the Headlights are on, the Fender Light is on.

Thanks for the advice and help, etc., this is a great Forum.

Bob

Here's a few pics of the Light.
There should be a hole already in your fender near the left front brake caliper.

As far as wiring, if you look behind the headlight nacelle, there should be a small connector that you can plug the fender light into.

For drilling, find a spot that looks flush and set it up, I have some pics in my album showing my fender light.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:54 PM
TurkeyRun
Road Warrior

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

Hey - guys with the solo seat grab rails!

What did you do to secure the thing to the underside of the seat? I want to attach one to a Sundowner Solo.

Thanks!

Old 02-03-2012, 05:03 AM
The Prophet
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by El Rey
There should be a hole already in your fender near the left front brake caliper.

As far as wiring, if you look behind the headlight nacelle, there should be a small connector that you can plug the fender light into.

For drilling, find a spot that looks flush and set it up, I have some pics in my album showing my fender light.
Thanks El Ray, excellent ride you've got there.

I'll check it out tonight. Really appreciate the help.

My next move will be the Saddlebag Guards, that appear to perfectly match the double rail look of the "V-Logo" fender accent Rails. One question though - and you can see them on the pic in Turkey Run's last post - do the rails interfere with the Leather RKC Saddle Bag straps / fasteners? It looks like the clasp ends up behind the rails, does this become a PITA?

Thanks again for all the help and info, great Forum, and great Thread here.

Bob

Quick Reply: Turn a Classic into a classic