Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn a Classic into a classic

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 09:53 AM
lilricky
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fatmanny
Here are some better pics. It is still a work in progress, but I think she is coming along. Have only had her for a month. 2000 miles so far and loving every single mile!
Nice looking scooter.
The BlenderBlaster rail does look good. The only thing that I didn't like was the reverse tabs that mount to the fender.I thought it would make adding a rack a little more difficult, but now that I see a good pic of how it mounts the rack would be doable.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:09 AM
fatmanny
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lilricky
Nice looking scooter.
The BlenderBlaster rail does look good. The only thing that I didn't like was the reverse tabs that mount to the fender.I thought it would make adding a rack a little more difficult, but now that I see a good pic of how it mounts the rack would be doable.
UPS should be dropping a rack off today. I will post a pic when done. You are correct the reverse tabs do make it a bit difficult to work with but not a big issue.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:45 PM
burro237
Advanced

That does look real good. I'm considering that as one option. I'm also looking into a Corbin solo. In 08 they made a solo that accepted a seat rail. I'm waiing to hear back from them about whether or not an 08 seat will fit on my 09 RK.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:03 PM
lilricky
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by burro237
That does look real good. I'm considering that as one option. I'm also looking into a Corbin solo. In 08 they made a solo that accepted a seat rail. I'm waiing to hear back from them about whether or not an 08 seat will fit on my 09 RK.
I believe the BB rail only fits a Mustang and 1Hd seat. Unless he has redesigned them.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:51 PM
burro237
Advanced

Yeah but the 08 Corbin seat I'm talking about has it's own rail that bolts right onto the seat. I just don't know if an 08 would fit an 09 bike

Old 08-05-2011, 08:56 PM
burro237
Advanced

Oh BTW Fatmanny what kind of bars are those?

Old 08-05-2011, 09:44 PM
fatmanny
Cruiser

Oh BTW Fatmanny what kind of bars are those?
Chubby 518's

Old 08-06-2011, 01:52 AM
burro237
Advanced

Here's Mine...if the link works;

Old 08-06-2011, 03:17 PM
burro237
Advanced
Default Seat Rails and seats.

Those seat rails look nice. I'm currently trying to find a new solo seat w/ grab rail set up. I was psyched about trying the police seat with the grab rail. Bought a used police seat (pictured), put it on, and could not reach the ground. Its like sitting on the tank.

I like the look of the mustang solos in the previous posts, but I've had a mustang solo before, and wasn't too impressed with the riding position. I'm looking for an all leather, with backrest, seat that sits low and back. The Mustang sits too forward for me. I'm considering a Corbin or a C&C.

I'm wondering if that Ebay seat rail would go on a C&C or Corbin seat? I cant see why not. It appears to be the same size seat pan with the same mounting points.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:08 PM
fatmanny
Cruiser

Those seat rails look nice. I'm currently trying to find a new solo seat w/ grab rail set up. I was psyched about trying the police seat with the grab rail. Bought a used police seat (pictured), put it on, and could not reach the ground. Its like sitting on the tank.

I like the look of the mustang solos in the previous posts, but I've had a mustang solo before, and wasn't too impressed with the riding position. I'm looking for an all leather, with backrest, seat that sits low and back. The Mustang sits too forward for me. I'm considering a Corbin or a C&C.

I'm wondering if that Ebay seat rail would go on a C&C or Corbin seat? I cant see why not. It appears to be the same size seat pan with the same mounting points.
I just switched from a C&C fastback to the Mustang solo. The Mustang actually put me back further and is more comfortable. I had the opposite happen on my Dyna.

Quick Reply: Turn a Classic into a classic