Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn a Classic into a classic

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 03:47 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
Some inspiration for y'all ... '65 Electra Glide ... '63 Duo Glide ... not sure about the last photo ....
The last pic is an oddity. Pan motor with the front brake set up being either aftermarket or early '80's OEM. Funky looking wheels too.

I have a few hundred old '60's FL pics, I can't get enough.

Old 06-17-2011, 07:47 PM
mrnone
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

05 glide 1939 style tool box
functional practical stylish
my chick has her own bike
no need for stupid board/peg
when she rides with me she puts her foot on the box
pretty stoked so far will have these for sale soon have patent and blueprints first ones expected next week
not sure on price as I don't know what they are going to cost to make or have made.
my bracket is ugly on my bike but my prototypes are sexy added with functional and secure...
a new hd softail box with a dummy barrel lock is 97.82 out the door I think I can key the lock to my bike with a tour pak lock mechanism, another 30 dollars or so. damn it adds up quick.
I am thinking my bracket and mount in chrome, billet, or black powdercoat with box and keys that match your bike 250. 600 with snap on big twin tool kit http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....re&dir=catalog I love mine no digging to bottom of bags to get tools. dipstick clears, side cover still comes off never bang my leg on it like my boards...
great thread lot of input

Last edited by mrnone; 06-17-2011 at 07:49 PM. Reason: typoes
Old 06-20-2011, 08:19 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by El Rey
The last pic is an oddity. Pan motor with the front brake set up being either aftermarket or early '80's OEM. Funky looking wheels too.

I have a few hundred old '60's FL pics, I can't get enough.
Yeah ... I couldn't place it due to a bunch of 'out of place' stuff ... dual disc brakes on front wheel ...????

The battery box looks like it is from a later model, so not sure if the frame and panhead motor even go together ....

But, not sure when they discontinued the pogo-stick seat ....

... are you on the Hydra-Glide forum ... a great collection of photos of the old stuff on there ....

R/
'Chop

Old 06-20-2011, 10:45 AM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
... are you on the Hydra-Glide forum .
No, I kick around on www.caimag.com occasionally.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:15 AM
Nirvana
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Chrome

I just purchased a new 2011 Road King Classic. After having read every post in this enormous thread, I'm inspired to make some mods to my new bike... well ast least plan them for now.

Being new to Harleys, I'm finding it difficult to identify what chrome bits everyone on this thread has installed. Harley's parts website isn't as helpful as I'd like since a part's application on the bike, isn't always clear. I would find it extremely helpful if people wouldn't mind listing the various parts that have been replaced or augmented with chrome parts.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:15 PM
Harley2534
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Pics

New pictures with bags and seat.

Attached Thumbnails  Turn a Classic into a classic-2011-06-26_10-06-05_354.jpg    Turn a Classic into a classic-2011-06-26_10-06-28_59.jpg    Turn a Classic into a classic-2011-06-26_10-07-03_230.jpg  
Old 06-27-2011, 11:06 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

2534....I really like the new AC cover. HD?

Old 06-28-2011, 08:04 AM
Harley2534
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whiskers Yes I got it right out ithe HD catalog. But do not have the part number handy.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:48 AM
jmcollison
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nirvana
I just purchased a new 2011 Road King Classic. After having read every post in this enormous thread, I'm inspired to make some mods to my new bike... well ast least plan them for now.

Being new to Harleys, I'm finding it difficult to identify what chrome bits everyone on this thread has installed. Harley's parts website isn't as helpful as I'd like since a part's application on the bike, isn't always clear. I would find it extremely helpful if people wouldn't mind listing the various parts that have been replaced or augmented with chrome parts.
I think I'd have to take a couple of days off work to get that list together! Once upon a time I had a spreadsheet on my pc with part numbers, prices and date of install. That computer crashed and burned but I may still have the file around....I'll check...

Full lists are going to get you flooded (and overwhelmed with costs perhaps)...doesn't hurt to ask about particular pieces though...

Old 06-28-2011, 09:56 AM
Nirvana
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jmcollison
I think I'd have to take a couple of days off work to get that list together! Once upon a time I had a spreadsheet on my pc with part numbers, prices and date of install. That computer crashed and burned but I may still have the file around....I'll check...

Full lists are going to get you flooded (and overwhelmed with costs perhaps)...doesn't hurt to ask about particular pieces though...
The possibilities do seem endless.

I've been trying to figure out which changes have the biggest "retro" impact. That way I can get the best bang for the buck right off and then fill in over time. I put the mods into eight buckets:

(1) headlamp/passing lamp/turn signal visors
(2) saddlebag guards
(3) solo seat/rack
(4) front fender bits
(5) handlebar bits
(6) front forks
(7) engine bits
(8) fringe

Identifying the engine chrome bits from pictures that everyone has posted seems the most difficult... obviously because they tend to be small.

Quick Reply: Turn a Classic into a classic