Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn a Classic into a classic

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 12:17 AM
lilricky
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by El Rey
Hey, whoa, whoa, Ricky, you get the paint done?

Let's see pics!!!
The paint did get done. I ended up going with Flame blue and birch. Just putting a few finishing touches on. A couple pieces of leather, some yellow tint on the lights, and a tour pak. And I've already ordered a different slip-on(a paugho rocket tip). That muffler just sucks too much horse power.

Name:  IMG_0385.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  101.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0386.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  96.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0393.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  90.7 KB

The following users liked this post:
SJ12DS (05-26-2023)
Old 05-20-2011, 07:46 PM
redsled
Cruiser

Originally Posted by lilricky
The paint did get done. I ended up going with Flame blue and birch. Just putting a few finishing touches on. A couple pieces of leather, some yellow tint on the lights, and a tour pak. And I've already ordered a different slip-on(a paugho rocket tip). That muffler just sucks too much horse power.
Wow!! That is really well done.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:45 PM
head
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TRacer
Although I'm not an RK owner, I'm surprised I haven't seen an entry in 129 pages regarding changing over to a hand shift-- have any of you considered switching to a reproduction rocker clutch / tank shift setup, or perhaps even a police style shifter that clamps to the front downtube? Here is what I run:

Anyway, just tossing out some ideas as this would be a direction I would go if & when and RK occupies my garage! Here is a pic of a complete setup for illustration purposes:

right on. i originally modified a kit from vtwin and installed a tank shift/rocker clutch on my 98 flhr. it worked for quite a while and then snapped the shaft on the rocker. i then made my own tank shift and suicide clutch that i ran for years. the same 98 also had kick start on it as well.

head

Attached Thumbnails  Turn a Classic into a classic-roadkingsuicide.jpg    Turn a Classic into a classic-roadkingkickstart.jpg  
Old 05-21-2011, 09:48 AM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

The paint did get done. I ended up going with Flame blue and birch.

Wow...that really came out nice! Great color. and tell me about the the windshield - who makes it?

Old 05-21-2011, 12:47 PM
lilricky
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Whiskers

Wow...that really came out nice! Great color. and tell me about the the windshield - who makes it?
Thanks,
The windshield is made by Memphis Shades, I got it from J&P Cycles. They make all different sizes and tints.

Old 05-21-2011, 03:58 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks good, 1960 paint. I like the simple pin striping fade on the saddle bags.

I like my Memphis Shades windshield too.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:41 AM
dpdefo
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey...I have to say, GREAT thread! I know I am going off the nostalgic theme, but I am getting my 07 RKC painted Olive Drab Flat paint. I am putting a SG rear fascia on it and want to get some ideas on cleaning up the rear fender. Anyone have any ideas?

Old 05-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by dpdefo
Hey...I have to say, GREAT thread! I know I am going off the nostalgic theme, but I am getting my 07 RKC painted Olive Drab Flat paint. I am putting a SG rear fascia on it and want to get some ideas on cleaning up the rear fender. Anyone have any ideas?
There's an owner of a Cross Bones who painted his bike that same color with WWII insignia on it. It really looks sharp and might give you some more idears. Search the X-bones picture forum for it.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Razorback
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Outstanding!!

Just a few days ago I finally gave in and ordered the same solo seat/rail/rack set up, minus the studs. Should be here by Friday. And since the wife is usually on her bike I went ahead and got a forward mount for the tour pak as well.

You dont like the pipe? I actually thought about a pair of the same ones. Where'd ya get the flex covers?

Old 05-22-2011, 09:38 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

Razor...I really like the pipe. Always wondered what they'd look like on a bike and its good to finally see a set.

Quick Reply: Turn a Classic into a classic