Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn a Classic into a classic

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 12:09 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The rail you have is a home brew I'm guessing. The original seat rail for a buddy seat was a lot wider, I have one in the garage, i'll post a mock up pic to show how large it is.

And here's a couple of the Evo Panhead; I had some good ones of the seat, they may still may be in this thread somewhere.

Attached Thumbnails  Turn a Classic into a classic-retrork3.jpg    Turn a Classic into a classic-retrork4.jpg    Turn a Classic into a classic-eaaf_3.jpg    Turn a Classic into a classic-65eg5.jpg  
Old 02-25-2011, 12:35 PM
bmorebhoy
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The seat rail in post #1160 is made by Robert Gold, I believe. He used to see them on eBay and they fit H-D solo seats and seats that use the same seat pan. I wanted one but it wouldn't work with my Danny Grey solo. He sold out of what he'd made and I was in contact with him late last year and he said he'd be making more and would let me know.

here's his website, for custom blenders, where you may want to show him the interest in his seat rail...
http://www.blenderblaster.com/blende...er/default.asp

Old 02-25-2011, 01:33 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bmorebhoy
The seat rail in post #1160 is made by Robert Gold, I believe.
Which post are you referring to? Post 1160 is mine with the Buddy seat rail made by Corbin-Gentry.

The one lilricky has looks similar to the one that guy makes. I was also in contact with him last year, he said he'd email me when they nwere close to being done. That was about 6 months ago.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:03 PM
lilricky
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by El Rey
Which post are you referring to? Post 1160 is mine with the Buddy seat rail made by Corbin-Gentry.

The one lilricky has looks similar to the one that guy makes. I was also in contact with him last year, he said he'd email me when they nwere close to being done. That was about 6 months ago.
I just heard from Robert. He says they have been fabricated and are heading to the chrome shop.
He thought my rail might have been made by Custom Chrome for thay specific seat.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:01 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by lilricky
* * * On a different sub topic here. has anyone taken the original exhaust and cut out the left side to create a old skool looking 2 into 1 right side pipe? I saw a thread in a non-bagger forum but not in the touring forums.
Take a look at Paughco exhaust ... http://paughco.com/2008-catalog/indi...20Paughco.html

They make one for ~$225 - $275 (depending on whether you need O2 bungs (P/N 733C9) or not (P/N 733C7)) ....

I adapted one for my Super Glide ... am using the stock (pre-'09) take-off heat shields ....

I am using P/N733C9 ....

Originally Posted by #1rocketman
Nice 95th Ann ....

Originally Posted by lilricky
Like the new color ....

El Rey - that's an interesting faux Duo Glide ...

At one point, I thought about everything I could do to make mine into a 'knock off' Duo Glide ... then I got to thinking ...

What's the point of Panhead rocker boxes/covers and a kidney cam chest cover ...? Just dropping hard-earned bread on 'fashion accessories' (and they're not cheap!) ....

I do however tip my hat to the nostalgic style ... so, I might take a few more steps in that direction ....

In my view, the thing is there are any number of glaringly obvious distinctions that shatter the illusion the owner was trying to create by use of the rocker covers and cam cover ... shocks are not visible in front of the bags, the way the fork mounts on the frame, side covers, no pogo stick seat, etc., etc. ....

I almost feel that many of the other 'Classic turned into a classic' on this thread are of greater interest or certainly more appealing to me ....

If I ever come into enough free cash flow, I would like to pick up a '58 - '69 swing-arm panhead or early flat-side shovel ... but, to each his or her own, I suppose ....

R/
'Chop

Old 02-28-2011, 04:56 PM
lilricky
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
Take a look at Paughco exhaust ... http://paughco.com/2008-catalog/indi...20Paughco.html

They make one for ~$225 - $275 (depending on whether you need O2 bungs (P/N 733C9) or not (P/N 733C7)) ....

I adapted one for my Super Glide ... am using the stock (pre-'09) take-off heat shields ....

I am using P/N733C9 ....

I do however tip my hat to the nostalgic style ... so, I might take a few more steps in that direction ....
R/
'Chop
And thats all I'm trying to do. I'm pretty sure I won't be fooling anybody.

Thanks for the tip on the exhaust.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:02 AM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
El Rey - that's an interesting faux Duo Glide ...

If I ever come into enough free cash flow, I would like to pick up a '58 - '69 swing-arm panhead or early flat-side shovel ... but, to each his or her own, I suppose ....

R/
'Chop
Electra Glide.

I passed on a '66 about 6 months ago, was very nice, paint was incorrect, but looked good. Still looking for a '66 or a '67.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:51 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member

Went out for a 200 miler today in the sun with my neighbor.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:10 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Very nice ... pretty day ....

Had a pretty, sunny day in VA today ... but chilly ...!

Old 03-03-2011, 10:47 PM
lilricky
Cruiser

Originally Posted by El Rey
Went out for a 200 miler today in the sun with my neighbor.

Is that the new paint? Hi-Fi Blue?

Quick Reply: Turn a Classic into a classic