Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn a Classic into a classic

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 11:53 AM
lilricky
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  98.7 KB

Nice and painless..

Old 02-22-2011, 11:57 AM
jmcollison
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by #1rocketman
Thanks buddy...same to you....looked at that bike of yours for quite some time!!
I'm thankful for many things in this life, not the least of which is photobucket since I lost a hard drive a couple of years ago...
...but to look at the pictures, the places I've been so blessed to see and ride my bike...I get goosebumps! I've lost a lot in this lifetime, but I've sure had some good times along the way!!!

Old 02-22-2011, 12:42 PM
#1rocketman
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmcollison
I'm thankful for many things in this life, not the least of which is photobucket since I lost a hard drive a couple of years ago...
...but to look at the pictures, the places I've been so blessed to see and ride my bike...I get goosebumps! I've lost a lot in this lifetime, but I've sure had some good times along the way!!!
Man,I'll second that! As for computer problems go,I screwed up my PC last fall and lost all my pics,some of which I'll never see again.I try not to think of some of the things I've lost over the years,mainly my folks and lastly,my brother,to cancer 2 year ago.But I'll ride on and be thankful for what I have.My bike gives alot back to me....I'm sure you know what I mean.
PEACE Brothers...SPRING is almost here!

Old 02-23-2011, 09:49 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

How did you mount that seat rail lilricky? Pics again, LOL, please.

You can also just upload pics to your albums here, and when you need to post them in a thread; just open a second window, go to your albums and right click on the image and paste it into the thread.

as far as Hi-Fi colors go, John pierce's site is probably one of, if not the best on colors. As he has mentioned on his site, most Hi-Fi colors like blue were over a silver base, but some were not. The names tended to change year to year (as they do now) but are the same color.

Some bikes that are original paint, can have a large varying degree of proper color because those paint jobs didn't do well in the sun in the '60's. But his site seems to get the colors perfect. There's some pics of him doing a black and white '67 tin set and the finish is smoking! Looking forward to when I can get my stuff painted with him.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:17 AM
lilricky
Cruiser

Originally Posted by El Rey
How did you mount that seat rail lilricky? Pics again, LOL, please.
As soon as it comes back from the shop,(Cam chain tensioners) I'll post a detailed photo. But, basically it attaches to the top of the bag guards in the front and the two bolts that hold the seat down in the back.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:45 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by lilricky
As soon as it comes back from the shop,(Cam chain tensioners) I'll post a detailed photo. But, basically it attaches to the top of the bag guards in the front and the two bolts that hold the seat down in the back.
Who makes it? is it the V-Twin repop?

Old 02-24-2011, 09:33 PM
SCHOONER
Tourer
Question Guess What I Found When I Took My Rear Wheel Off

Hi Guys

Man, the HITS keep coming. Dollar after dollar being spent. Oh well, I gota be grateful.

Check this out. I took off my rear wheel in order to replace it with a new Metzeler.

Take a look at the ROTOR DISC
I don't know how the heck this would happen. I got
44,000 this bike of mine 1985 Electra Glide Classic.

What's your idea(s) how do think this Rotor Rear Disc got that CRACK

Attached Thumbnails  Turn a Classic into a classic-disc-cracked-no.1.jpg    Turn a Classic into a classic-disc-cracked-no.2.jpg  
Old 02-24-2011, 10:30 PM
lilricky
Cruiser

Who makes it? is it the V-Twin repop?
I got it off of eBay. The shop were I bought it from said it was made for the older HD Solo seat. Which he had already sold. So I got the seat and passenger pilon cheap enough. I was under the the impression it was an HD part.

I just bought a used Corbin to see if that solves my problem. I doubt it will fit the Corbin so the whole thing may end up in the classifieds. Either that or the Corbin.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:48 AM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by lilricky
I got it off of eBay. The shop were I bought it from said it was made for the older HD Solo seat. Which he had already sold. So I got the seat and passenger pilon cheap enough. I was under the the impression it was an HD part.

I just bought a used Corbin to see if that solves my problem. I doubt it will fit the Corbin so the whole thing may end up in the classifieds. Either that or the Corbin.
It may be a hybrid of a couple things.

The original style HD seat rail or buddy seat rail will not fit today's seats. The rail is very wide and will restrict saddlebags from opening and isn't quite deep enough to fit a modern seat.

Corbin-Gentry did make a seat rail that fit FLH bikes only for the years '94-'95. There's the now internet famous Evo Road King turned '65 Electra Glide with that seat and rail and I ran across this guy at a recent bike show here in San Diego with the same set up, very rare to come by. This rail I don't think would work with newer seats.

the seat rails are interesting, I want one, but one that looks period correct enough, yours seems to fit that bill.

Attached Thumbnails  Turn a Classic into a classic-seat1.jpg    Turn a Classic into a classic-seat2.jpg  
Old 02-25-2011, 11:26 AM
lilricky
Cruiser

It may be a hybrid of a couple things.

The original style HD seat rail or buddy seat rail will not fit today's seats. The rail is very wide and will restrict saddlebags from opening and isn't quite deep enough to fit a modern seat.

Corbin-Gentry did make a seat rail that fit FLH bikes only for the years '94-'95. There's the now internet famous Evo Road King turned '65 Electra Glide with that seat and rail and I ran across this guy at a recent bike show here in San Diego with the same set up, very rare to come by. This rail I don't think would work with newer seats.

the seat rails are interesting, I want one, but one that looks period correct enough, yours seems to fit that bill.
I was searching for one of those big *** duo glide solo seats when I found it.
I'm hoping with the way it mounts, that it still might work with the corbin. I've seen this one
http://www.corbin.com/accessories/vrailf.shtml
But it has the wrong shape.

Please send me a link if you have it to the '95 EVO "Electra Glilde" I did a google with no luck.
I found these photos I sent a seat builder. I wrapped leather around the big ugly chrome piece.

Name:  photo5-1.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  72.3 KB

Name:  photo6-1.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  54.2 KB

Name:  photo8-1.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  75.3 KB

Quick Reply: Turn a Classic into a classic