Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn a Classic into a classic

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 09:16 PM
bmorebhoy
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Great looking seat and seat rail. Who makes them? Is the seat comfortable on long days?
Great looking bike. I think you're right, the nostalgic mirrors would look good. You might also want to consider the rear turn signal bar & license plate relocation kit, (53702-04A). It cleans up the rear lines a bit.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 01-30-2011, 10:55 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bmorebhoy
Great looking seat and seat rail. Who makes them? Is the seat comfortable on long days?
The seat is a HD police seat, the rail is a V-Twin repop of one of the original HD seat rails.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:15 AM
jmcollison
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ajp170
Just want to said Thank You to Navygunner for your picture you sent me ,it helped me alot. Hope you guys like the bike. Thinking of changing the mirrors to round ones. Thanks again.
Swwwweeeeet setup!!!

Old 01-31-2011, 12:31 PM
blusmbl
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That's by far the nicest thing you can do with a police seat. Looks great on your bike!

I wish that would fit with a passenger seat. I just scored a very slightly used corbin classic solo + pilion for my RKC, but I'm keeping the police seat around just in case. That does a really good job of hiding the shock.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:01 PM
Navygunner
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blusmbl
That's by far the nicest thing you can do with a police seat. Looks great on your bike!

I wish that would fit with a passenger seat. I just scored a very slightly used corbin classic solo + pilion for my RKC, but I'm keeping the police seat around just in case. That does a really good job of hiding the shock.
I have the mustang passenger pillion that matches the factory police seat. The beauty of that grab rail set up is with the removal of two 1/2 " nuts (Provided you installed the bolts down through the bracket like studs) you can remove the rail and install the pillion without having to remove the seat from the bike. The bolts just stay under the seat. I can make mine passenger ready in under 2 minutes with an open end wrench being the only tool I need.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:16 PM
BenRK05
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy to site and a HD.

I just put a deposit on a 2005 Road King today. I was going to wait till summer but I could not pass up the deal. I am sure I will have questions. I am not new to motorcycles I have been riding since 1985(15yrs old). But this is going to be my first Harley. I think this the start of the middle life crisis. I would like to post up a picture but I don't know how. That's one of the things i want to learn to do this year. Just saying hello. Ben

Old 01-31-2011, 04:53 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by ajp170
Just finished up my solo seat on the RK . Put the air tank in the left saddle bag and ran the air line through it.

Now that, my friend, is just about the coolest looking seat I've ever seen on a Road King.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:09 PM
#1rocketman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bmorebhoy
Great looking bike. I think you're right, the nostalgic mirrors would look good. You might also want to consider the rear turn signal bar & license plate relocation kit, (53702-04A). It cleans up the rear lines a bit.

[IMG][/IMG]
How pricey was the turn signal bar? I'm wanting to do something to get rid of that big ugly thing and tossing some ideas around right now. I have a new set of Harley saddle bag filler strips for older FLH's a friend gave to me a few years ago,Had to slightly modify them to fit my Classic but they look great and hide all that suspension stuff.Painted them flat black to blend in with the bags(tried satin but it looked too shiny)Thought about some kind of small teardrop or round type of l.e.d.'s for turn signals but it may sit the lights to far back ???? I'll ad some pics of the strips later.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:03 PM
blusmbl
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Navygunner
I have the mustang passenger pillion that matches the factory police seat. The beauty of that grab rail set up is with the removal of two 1/2 " nuts (Provided you installed the bolts down through the bracket like studs) you can remove the rail and install the pillion without having to remove the seat from the bike. The bolts just stay under the seat. I can make mine passenger ready in under 2 minutes with an open end wrench being the only tool I need.
That's not bad at all. I never thought about being able to leave the bolts in the bracket. Again, it looks great on both of your bikes!

Old 01-31-2011, 08:07 PM
ajp170
Novice

Does anyone know where I might get a used matching passenger seat.

Last edited by ajp170; 02-04-2011 at 10:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Turn a Classic into a classic