Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Street Performance Touring Mufflers 64985-07

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default SE Street Performance Touring Mufflers 64985-07

Is anyone running the SE Street Performance Touring Mufflers (#64985-07)? I am considering them, and wonder if they are quieter than the V&H Oval Slip-Ons.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Road Glider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SE Street Performance Touring Mufflers 64985-07

I've got the 64985-07 slip-ons on my 07 Road Glide and the're just barely louder than stock pipes..the V&H are much louder. I've heard the one piece 07 slip-ons (smaller diameter) are louder than the 4" diameter 64985-07.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Ben U

Are you saying that the V&H Oval Slip-Ons are too loud?

Old 02-26-2007, 10:36 PM
Fishpart
Tourer

I have the big 4" SE slip ons on my 07 EG, not much louder then stock add a nice exhaust note, was not looking for anything to loud so they work great for me. I'm a daily commuter and don't want to wake the neighborhood up every morning at 6:00am.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:42 PM
JeffSG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pastor,

If you decide to go with the SE slip-ons, I might be interested in your Vance and Hines. PM me if interested.

Ride safe,

Old 02-26-2007, 10:55 PM
hd2007
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might want to consider putting the stock pipes back on , because from what I was told those are just a bit louder than stock.
ORIGINAL: Pastor John

Is anyone running the SE Street Performance Touring Mufflers (#64985-07)? I am considering them, and wonder if they are quieter than the V&H Oval Slip-Ons.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:33 PM
Easyglide
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any of the SE Slipons will be quiter than V & H. You might also want to consider the SE One piece slipons as well. I had the slash downs installed along with the Stage 1 and remap and am very pleased the sound. They are a little louder than stock, which was my aim. It now sounds more like a Harley. A friend has the exhausts you are considering and we rode each other's bike this weekend to compare the exhaust note. We both concluded that for whatever reason, the one piece soundsa little louder than the two piece.He is going todo the Stage one and remap to see if he can get a little more sound out of the 4" cannisters.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:27 PM
wikidoki
Intermediate

I am looking at the two piece SE touring muffler as well as the supertrapp version (cheaper by one hundred bucks). I am putting the slip ons on an 07 Streetglide. It seems like the majority of opinions on the site say that you do not need to make any ecm (SERT or PCIII) adjustments to run these mufflers. Can I get away with the mufflers and a larger volume AF along with the basic HD ecm download or is it useless to do this without going for a tuner. I only want the bike to run cool, well and sound decent. I really do not desire alot more power. I had evo's and 88's and was always satisfied.How much does the average HD dealer charge for a basic download to the stage one level. thanks

Old 02-27-2007, 11:43 PM
alexcue
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Easyglide

Any of the SE Slipons will be quiter than V & H. You might also want to consider the SE One piece slipons as well. I had the slash downs installed along with the Stage 1 and remap and am very pleased the sound. They are a little louder than stock, which was my aim. It now sounds more like a Harley. A friend has the exhausts you are considering and we rode each other's bike this weekend to compare the exhaust note. We both concluded that for whatever reason, the one piece soundsa little louder than the two piece.He is going todo the Stage one and remap to see if he can get a little more sound out of the 4" cannisters.

Agree, i have the one piece SE's on my Ultra. they have a nice deep tone, but not obnoxiously loud. My Sporty has SEII's and they are much louder. they both make alarms chip

The SE's also get a tad louder, like most exhaust, as you use them. They break in nicely. I didn't want anything too loud for the longer trips. Sometimes when behind real loud exhaust my head start to pound after a couple of hours. Being over a loud set would give me a migraine.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:01 AM
pavermanter
Cruiser

How do the v&h so's compare to the rush so'sin loudness terms.
my drag pipe days are over,hahaha I am runnin the old SE so's and they can get ta barkin.

Quick Reply: SE Street Performance Touring Mufflers 64985-07