Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Street Performance Touring Mufflers 64985-07

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 12:32 AM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts
Default RE: SE Street Performance Touring Mufflers 64985-07

Pastor John, from my experience the ovals were about the quietest of the bunch next to touring mufflers which I would say are about 10% louder than stock. Most slipon mufflers are loud, some just have better tones than others. If the ovals are too loud, and I understand what your saying, put the stock mufflers on because in all reallity is the next quietest thing in the slipon world. The S&S spo's are quiet if you can get past the looks.[:'(]

Old 02-28-2007, 12:44 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, I found a pair of the SE Touring Mufflers on eBay today and went ahead and pulled the trigger. I'm mating them with a set of the fishtail end caps for a nostalgic look. They're due to arrive on Thursday, so this should be a fun weekend. My hope is that they will fill the bill for a quiet muffler that has some performance characteristic above stock. The fact that V&H has a FuelPak map for them will help balance the Stage 1 Intake.

My V&H Oval Slip-Ons will be hitting eBay early next week unless someone here is interested in them. They're a few months old, in EXC++ condition and available at substantial discount. If you hear of someone who wants them, tell them to drop me a line...

Thanks for the responses!

Old 02-28-2007, 12:53 AM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

Good luck to ya, the road to the perfect mufflers can be long and expensive. LOL

Old 02-28-2007, 01:10 AM
Easyglide
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: wikidoki

I am looking at the two piece SE touring muffler as well as the supertrapp version (cheaper by one hundred bucks). I am putting the slip ons on an 07 Streetglide. It seems like the majority of opinions on the site say that you do not need to make any ecm (SERT or PCIII) adjustments to run these mufflers. Can I get away with the mufflers and a larger volume AF along with the basic HD ecm download or is it useless to do this without going for a tuner. I only want the bike to run cool, well and sound decent. I really do not desire alot more power. I had evo's and 88's and was always satisfied.How much does the average HD dealer charge for a basic download to the stage one level. thanks
Yes, you can run the SE Slipons with the SE A/C and the remap download. The download normally runs $150 not including the Stage I A/C.

Old 02-28-2007, 01:45 PM
211Chuck
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pastor John

Is anyone running the SE Street Performance Touring Mufflers (#64985-07)? I am considering them, and wonder if they are quieter than the V&H Oval Slip-Ons.

I ran the SE one piece slash cut touring mufflers on my 07
Ultra, they sound great, barely louder then stock but better
tone.

I have now switched to Peacemaker pipes which on quite
mode sound just like the SE touring mufflers. On loud mode
they sound alot like VH ovals or louder. The great thing about
these mufflers is the on the fly push button switching from
loud to quite. I love these mufflers, checkout my link..

http://www.peacemakersexhaust.com/ne...acemakers.html

Old 02-28-2007, 04:20 PM
floridian46
Tourer

i have the 4 inch model and found them to be quieter than stock....i took the fibre glass packing out of them and they sound better....not loud, just a better thump...becareful taking them appart, its a real trick....you can trash the muffler, if you dont know what you are doing..

Old 02-28-2007, 06:53 PM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pastor if you decide you want a set of Se's I have a nice set barley used. Just send PM

Old 02-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Swamp Fox
Road Captain

Hey Pastor, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on how they do once you get them installed. I'm still running stock and am wanting something similar to what it seems you are looking for. My SEIIs on my Sporty were close to just right, but maybe just a bittoo loud on long rides. TIA!

Old 03-01-2007, 12:43 PM
211Chuck
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Swamp Fox

Hey Pastor, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on how they do once you get them installed. I'm still running stock and am wanting something similar to what it seems you are looking for. My SEIIs on my Sporty were close to just right, but maybe just a bittoo loud on long rides. TIA!

Try the Peacemakers!

Old 04-30-2007, 02:51 AM
jomedic702
Advanced

Could someone enlighten me how to remove the packing from these mufflers? Mine have rivets instead of torx screws holding the baffle in. I'd sure like to get some real sound out of these good looking cans

Quick Reply: SE Street Performance Touring Mufflers 64985-07