Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fifth Gear "Racket"

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 02:48 PM
cbchev68
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fifth Gear "Racket"

ORIGINAL: TFR

Bob2002, keep pushing because according to my dealer, there isn't a problem. So I think the denial will continue until there is a class action suit.
HD2007, as I said if you think I'm lugging the bike your full of crap, period.
I dont think it will come to a class action suit.. HD is pretty good about correcting customer complaints, once there are enough of them.. Just look at the brake squeal on the RK Custom.. They denied it for months until enough people complained, then they took care of it..

Its all business numbers.. Enough people have to not like it to make it worth thier time to fix it.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:32 PM
Benrae
Novice

I don't mind the noise. It lets me know what gear I'm in.

Old 02-27-2007, 04:13 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

Good way to look at it

Old 02-27-2007, 04:54 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Beyond another download HD isnt going to do anything.How many complaints do they need before they act on this?This has been documented since August.There has been writeups about this noise all over the internet,now the magazines,they have lied to every ownerthat has pushed this issue,they have even lied to State attorneys!Is this a company you want to wait to come clean on this?Another download should make the 07s like a 80 incher.

Old 02-27-2007, 09:36 PM
gordo24fan
Tourer

I haven't noticed anything in fifth out of the ordinary on mine. Guess I'm just lucky.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:35 PM
timebandit60185
Advanced

the mistake i made was i bought the very 1st 07 from the dealer yea 5th sounds like pure crap i rode some 07;s that sounded fine so for the people that say there is nothing wrong with these trans you havnt herd mine if you did you would agree i have contackeddealer the hdmain office they all say nothings wrong well ok .i bought the top of the line harey i paid 18000 grand for the top of the line ill drive it ill get used to it but the bottom line is for it being the top of the line bike i cant belive how that trans sounds and they say its ok well they sure the hell dont care about there product or else they would own up to there responsabilty to take care of the custermors. enoghe siad so come on spring so i can ride the dam thing like if i stole it

Old 02-28-2007, 12:06 AM
oley55
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remain befuddled (politically correct word usage) how persons who neither own or have personnel experience with the 07's are compelled to share their "oh great and wise" advice on what to do about someone elses experiences or problems.

I for one am interested to read and hear about real first hand experiences. I however as an 06 owner would never presume to offer advice gleanedonly from reading various posts on the subject.

yeah, I'm probably talking about the the train guy. "what a looser andwhat a dip stick.........!" again trying to reamain cival and politically correct.

Old 02-28-2007, 10:00 AM
timebandit60185
Advanced

lol who;s the train guy

Old 02-28-2007, 10:46 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

try the synthetic oils they help.

If not, put a couple of tablespoons of sand in the tranny anddrive it like you stoleit!!

Old 02-28-2007, 01:29 PM
TFR
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Perhaps customer satisfaction would be warranted. Take the complaints seriously and investigate and correct the problem.
If one of the high dollar execs had a problem with their Ferrari they would complain too...

Quick Reply: Fifth Gear "Racket"