Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gooping from the air cleaner, possible fix?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013 | 06:45 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hogster 1
Fuel line, for heat sounds about right. Did you tee them together or route them separately.

Next question is did you have to mod your wires or clutch cable, for the bars. I can't decide on 10s or 12s. But I don't want to mod wires and the CC.

Thanks
Wendell
I went with a longer clutch cable, brake line and 12" longer wires for my 12" bars. I also ran the clutch cable so it does not exit the fairing but runs out from under the dash plate like the brake line. Using the exit in the fairing for my GPS power cord now.

I've been busy painting inside my home and haven't had time to take some pictures but I'll try my best over the weekend.

Old 11-16-2013 | 07:02 PM
Hogster 1
Tourer

I did It!! I got about 6 feet of 1/4 fuel line. But I ran it uphill for the first 6 inches or so, over the top of the rear rocker box and then down to the frame...I am hoping that will allow any oil to drain back into the heads and not be lost. What do you think? Maybe it will do so on a short ride?? Maybe not at all! But at least it is not poisioning my air flow into my intake. While I was giving Ya'll a hard time...I did remember seeing a pic (I think on this forum) of a piston that the top was covered in carbon. and he said he only had like 15 or 20 K on it. THANKS
HDV Glide for your help!!

Wendell

Old 11-17-2013 | 09:41 AM
fxdxruss
Road Captain
Unhappy

Hogster you are better off to leave it stock than run that set up. Come out the rockers and go straight to the ground or catch can.. Have you ever seen what collects and comes out, it ain't a pretty sight does not resemble oil. Not to mention all the acidic water vapor you are condensing and pouring back into your motor.
Russ

Old 11-17-2013 | 10:03 AM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member

What do you mean it doesn't look like oil?

Old 11-18-2013 | 09:22 AM
fxdxruss
Road Captain

Bagman1
Sent you a PM
Russ

Old 11-18-2013 | 11:32 AM
casique
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ynots
I dont have any experience with the S&S but it looks over complicated with parts. I use the Arlen Ness Big Sucker and have never experienced any problems. It will accept just about any cover that has one hole
I had the gooping issue with my Fuel Motot aircleaner, replaced it with the BiG Sucker and the problem is GONE!

Old 11-18-2013 | 12:29 PM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by casique
I had the gooping issue with my Fuel Motot aircleaner, replaced it with the BiG Sucker and the problem is GONE!

+2!! Not a drop leaked since I have installed mine (knocking on wood,lmao)

Old 11-22-2013 | 11:10 AM
Hogster 1
Tourer

Originally Posted by fxdxruss
Hogster you are better off to leave it stock than run that set up. Come out the rockers and go straight to the ground or catch can.. Have you ever seen what collects and comes out, it ain't a pretty sight does not resemble oil. Not to mention all the acidic water vapor you are condensing and pouring back into your motor.
Russ
On the recirulation system that the moco has; isn't it the same thing? Isn't it oil that would into my tube? Oil from the head? AS I understand it the oil was running straight to the air filter, maybe with SOME condensation.
but a minuscule amount. There are always some amount of condensation. BUT I THINK it to be less a detriment to my system if it is vented out instead to be driping out on my engine

Old 11-23-2013 | 11:50 AM
fxdxruss
Road Captain

Google " venting breather from the heads" or something like that and start reading.
No manufactures ever vented the crankcase back into the motor till the EPA got involved.
Do what feels comfortable for you, both ways work the motors still fire up.
Just throwing my 2 cents in.
Russ

Old 11-23-2013 | 01:06 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

what causes this is the lack of oil flow back down into the motor from the rocker boxes. Winds up in your intake.

The only true fix for this is taking the rocker boxes off, taking off the rocker arm support plate, drilling out the small drain holes

I don't recall the exact sizes but for some reason when I did mine I think it was a 1/16" hole stock, I drilled it out to 1/8", then took a 1/4" bit and only rounded the edges of the holes

Quick Reply: Gooping from the air cleaner, possible fix?