Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to bypass the rear amp

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 03:25 PM
DChisum
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to bypass the rear amp

I have an 06 Ultra Screamin Eagle I want to put on a quick disconnect on tour pak which the amp sits under. I have read articles on here regarding putting them in your saddle bag etc. but that's not what I want to do. I want to get rid of the amp under the tour pak completely. I called Hogtunes and talked to them and he stated that if I will hook the speakers up directly to the radio you can get rid of the amp in the rear. Then purchase a four channel amp to put under the front fairing to replace it with just the standard installation. What wire's from radio will do this? Will you loose fade or intercom when done?

I thought I could put plugs on the intercom, rear radio volume control and speakers under the seat. Put hidden attenas under fairing with amp.
Am I just asking for trouble?

Last edited by DChisum; 06-24-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:14 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Easy job provided you have the wiring diagrams for the bike's audio. Best source is HD's service manual supplement for your CVO.

You don't lose intercom or fader. In-fairing antennas work okay. The J&M CB antenna works okay for group rides.

Carl

Old 07-01-2013, 11:25 AM
DChisum
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Easy job provided you have the wiring diagrams for the bike's audio. Best source is HD's service manual supplement for your CVO.

You don't lose intercom or fader. In-fairing antennas work okay. The J&M CB antenna works okay for group rides.

Carl
Thanks for the info. I just don't want to loose any of the functions, intercom and volume control on tour pak etc. I will start accumulating the things needed and make this my winter project. Quick disconnect for the tour pak, seat, amp and lower fairing speakers.