Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RKC = Classic or Custom?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 05:35 PM
HDChloe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RKC = Classic or Custom?

We are of one mind b/c that is exactly why I bought my RK Custom. A cross between the Fat Boy and RK. Perfect!

I likebeing the odd man out; makes me feel like I am doing something different. I never see any other RK Customs when I ride.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:51 PM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Both great bikes!! real tough choice

Old 02-26-2007, 05:58 PM
cjuetten
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Manish_Hawg

I got more bang for the buck going with the classic. The were almost the same price but the Custom had smaller bags, no windshield, noaux lights, clean fenders, and they lost me with no WWW.
Wait a minute I got the Custom for the same reason. No unnecessary weightlike Larger Bags, Windshield, Passing lampsor unnecessary passenger stuff (Just enough to give Chicks a ride). Instead Custom floor boards, Custom head light bezel, bulletturn signals and a Clean fender.

I don't think we belong in the Touring family. More of aBlack Sheep or"Wind in the Face Go Fast Touring Model". [sm=guilty.gif]

Old 02-26-2007, 06:24 PM
cbchev68
Advanced

You know, now that it has been mentioned.. I have never seen another Custom when out riding.. It does feel good to be different!

There are a few drawbacks though.. I am thinking about riding to sturgis this year, and with that I'll need to find a way to carry more cargo, add in a windshield, cruise, and possibly a 6 speed tranny..

And then I have a couple of friends trying to talk me into trading her in and getting a Road Glide for that run.. Decisions, decisions....

Old 02-26-2007, 06:54 PM
raporte
Outstanding HDF Member

I thought the Road King Standard was the faster model...'cause of the smooth bags and all. Plus, my sales guy said the Black Pearl slips throught the air better than the other colors. Hell, I didn't even think of that. I was just so glad he only had one RK left in his stable....man, I was so lucky it was had a Standard AND it was the Black Pearll!!! I was jumping for joy and even gave him an extra $100. Whew, when he told me he thought he might have it sold to someone else, I moved fast! I'm no dummy, ya know!!

Respect to all...

Old 02-26-2007, 07:29 PM
pavermanter
Cruiser

I love my streetglide but man it was tough for me cause my first harley was a '73 flh, and i stripped er down to resemble road king. ya just can't go wrongwith any ovvem. imho

Old 02-26-2007, 10:14 PM
BREAD
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

RKC = Classic!!

Old 02-26-2007, 11:28 PM
jpnelson1978
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had to jump in on the custom talk here. rkc= classic to me. i just call mine the custom or flhrs. to me, the custom looks entiely different up and down from any of the other road kings. and it is nice being about the only around here with one. ill tell you though, the neighbor down the street i dont even know picked up one just like mine. they are catching more and more eyes. now after this dumb hog wild movie coming out, well probably see even more em this year.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:46 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I agree with you all...RKC = Classic. They are sweet, but I shopped and looked and finally settled on my Road King Custom because it just looked right. Bottom line is ya can't go wrong with a bagger.The beach bars are great if you are taller and not bad in slow maneuvers after some practice like he said...Now I am ordering a Dead Center Fairing, I have ordered a chopped tour pack on a removable rack and I can set up for cross anywhere or strip down for cruisin in about 10 minutes or less. The best of ALL worlds in my humble opinion.
PS: the chicks dig blue!

Old 02-27-2007, 06:35 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Bought my rk custom on looks alone. Knew I wanted a road king, and wanted it black. Well, I did get a rk...CUSTOM, and in black... BLACK PEARL. To me, there is no other color. I love it. And the custom had a lot of chrome and seemed more slimmed down to me. And being 350lbs, we all know black is slimmin'. But, mine did have a windsheild, bought it used, and I added the driving lights, but the turn signals are still on the beach bars. Now I have the problem, I am switching to apes and need to relocate the turn signals. I don't like it much on apes. Also, as far as the sqeal goes, had the problem on my 05. Took it to the dealer and the said it was because of the chrome domes at the axle on both sides causing a hum that turned to a sqeal. They said they filled the domes with some sort of foam. Whatever they did worked. No sqeal and no money out of pocket. Have ridden 5k with no further issues at all.-PapaTravis

Quick Reply: RKC = Classic or Custom?