Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jacket Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Hardly Dangerous
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Jacket Help Please

Don't get the Foxcreek Vented Racing for the hot days.Great jacket for the cool days though.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: tmitchellof PG

I just got a summer jacket leather and mesh from:
http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/d..._ID=SV431-8002#
and a perforated leather jacket I will use below 80 degreesfrom:
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...amp;division=1#
Both jackets were recommended from riders on this forum. They both have armor. I was just going to buythe perforated jacket for all seasons, down here in SW Florida, but the Power Voodoo was on closeout sale for agreat price.
Tom
Thanks for the links. I'll need to figure out my size. I prefer to try jackets on first before buying one. I will be ordering these though as I want some protection in the summer months.

Old 02-26-2007, 12:50 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: Abnmarine

[
Thanks for the links. I'll need to figure out my size. I prefer to try jackets on first before buying one. I will be ordering these though as I want some protection in the summer months.
[/quote]

The Cortech jacket that I ordered in a medium, from Motorcycle Superstores, was too small. I had to send it back for a large size. The site has a sizing chart for the various model jackets.
I measured my chest and it is 43". All the other model jackets on their's and other sites sizing charts call out for a large. The Cortech Coastal jacketcalled out for a medium, so that is the size I ordered.
I had to pay to send it back for a large size. I was a bit angry when I called them up and told them their chart wasthe error. I thought they should of paid for the return, but of course they didn't.
Tom

Old 02-26-2007, 12:57 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: onlythebest

[
Mitchell I live near Daytona and as you know it gets toasty! Is that summer mesh leather too hot? I'm looking for a decent jacket for the 100 degree summers!
I can only go by the recommendation from a couple of forum members. They say it works well.
I wanted the extra protection in the summer, so I thought I would give it a try. I probably will not be able to give a report on it until summer, when the temperature gets up in the 90s.
Tom

Old 02-27-2007, 01:39 AM
pointswhat
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just read a review of the XKY jacketand it seems pretty good, armour,perforated leather,removable waterproof/insulated lining and reflective accents. Has matching pants as well.

Old 02-27-2007, 02:13 AM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

If you can wear a jacket off the rack and it fits good, then go with fox creek - if you are like me and have never found a jacket off the rack that fits right - short arms for me... look at Johnsons leathers http://www.johnsonleather.com/ ask for Allen... I am still wearing my first jacket he make for me back in 97 and it looks great.. In Oct 05 I had him make me a 100% per Leather jacket with armor for the hot days here in Ca - very nice and still provides protection.... Great Customer service and no more $$ than a HD jacket... With all that said, I bought a nice two tone leather vest from Fox Creek and found their Customer service also good and the leather vest is very nice... Tell Allen the Turlock Fire fighter sent ya

Old 02-27-2007, 02:25 AM
PSO169
Road Master

dgriffith
I dont know that I have ever seen pants or chaps to match that jacket.
jeff

Old 02-27-2007, 11:40 AM
Bigfoot
Tourer

I got a armored mesh jacket from first gear - that thisng is FANTASTIC and it came in tall sizes.